Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I feel like we have been put on hold, waiting for a vaccine, doing the best one can do, if smart.

@goldensrbest 

???    Don't assume the vaccine will change everything.  I just read this morning that in a new poll, Americans are less likely to get the vaccine when it is available.   Personally, I won't get it.  A new vaccine?   Uh, no.   I don't get flu shots, either, and am a healthy person. 

@Tinkrbl44  I feel the same way.  I also don't plan on getting the vaccine...I just don't feel confident or comfortable about it.

I wish MSM would mention that people should make an effort to optimize their immune system.  They never do!  While it's not a guarantee towards keeping the virus at bay, it can help and give one some control over their lives in addition to social distancing and masks.

Respected Contributor

@Grade1Teach 

I hope you gain some strength knowing there are people like myself who feel, understand your pain, and have you in our prayers.  You are dealing with more than a few challenging and sad issues.  Take each day as it comes.  Best....

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

@MorningLover   I don't know of any news outlet that doesn't do what they feel can increase their ratings.  Both sides.  It's up to the public to listen, filter, and apply.  However it is extremely noteworthy how this pandemic has been handled.

@haddon  If after decades of imparting knowledge to the public about how they can best take care of themselves and boost their immune system hasn't stuck.... then there is no hope for those individuals.  I think most of us know the types of things we can do to help ourselves.  And if someone doesn't know exactly how to there is a wonderful tool called google.  Regardless I have still heard segments on "Staying Healthy During this Pandemic."

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Just as those that do not get the flu vaccine,  which is just crazy,those that do not get a covid vaccine,if we get one approved,makes no sense.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

When one of the most dreaded outcomes of COVID-19 is cytokine storm, an overreaction of the immune system, the concept of "boosting" or interfering at all with the immune system should be approached with great caution.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Just as those that do not get the flu vaccine,  which is just crazy,those that do not get a covid vaccine,if we get one approved,makes no sense.

Of course it makes sense to refuse a vaccine that's been rushed to market and not adequately vetted. That's why so many doctors and nurses, in a recent survey I read on Medscape, also said they wouldn't be vaccinated against COVID-19 when the vaccine is first available.

I get the flu vaccine because I've had influenza twice and know it's not to be trifled with. But if the so-called COVID vaccine is available before or at the same time the influenza vaccine is released, I won't get the flu shot either, because I don't trust them not to put the two together.

I don't trust big pharma or the government agencies that are supposedly looking out for us to do right by us or tell us the truth, and that's based on their past performance. That's not crazy, it's common sense.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because controversial

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @dooBdoo  A "divisive piece of clickbait" indeed.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Re: I Feel Stuck

[ Edited ]

@Deree wrote:

Thank you @dooBdoo  A "divisive piece of clickbait" indeed.

You're welcome, @Deree.  I was fortunate in that I initially saw her first blog post in full, and later read her second one, both from her website.  Unfortunately, people who are well-intentioned see the excerpts or the click-bait edited segments and don't realize the limited content is misleading.   It's a good lesson for us all, myself included, since we don't have a lot of time, often we read the quick summaries, and we miss the "meat" of the articles and commentaries.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova