Honored Contributor

My dad ordered wine at Applebee's and got carded when he was 92.  He had the whole restaurant in stitches.  I, on the other hand, have never been carded. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

There are some places that card everyone no matter how old you are.

The first time it happened somewhere I asked why. The answer was that their policy had been to card anyone who looked like they could be under 35. Then people started  complaining when they weren't carded.

Valued Contributor
@VanSleepy 😄LOL I don’t blame them
Honored Contributor

I once saw a situation where a waitress was taking drink orders and a 14-year-old boy was sitting next to me.  His dad had gone to the restroom.

She got to this kid, said "And what do you want to drink?"  He looked at me and made an OMG face--and I just smiled.  He turned around looked her and cool as a cucumber says "I'll have a lime daiquri."  He was a good looking guy, looked older but legal age?  No. 

Drinks came and the boy got his drink.  The dad came back and started talking, glances at the kid and says "WHAT are you drinking?"  Kid says "lime daiquri."  Dad said "WHO ordered this for him?" and we all said he ordered it.

His dad looked at him and said "OK" and the kid took a couple of little sips and made a face and that was the end of the story.  

Trusted Contributor

Not in NY state. They ask for proof and enter your driver license number in the register.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I Don’t Get This

[ Edited ]

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Not in NY state. They ask for proof and enter your driver license number in the register.  

@Buffalogal47  I'm in southern NY state and around here they don't ask for proof. The Wegmans in NJ near me always asks for proof.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ In Western NY most stores card everyone. It's ridiculous, I know, but that's the way it is. 

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ In Western NY most stores card everyone. It's ridiculous, I know, but that's the way it is. 

@Buffalogal47  I figured by your nic you were pretty far from where I am. Who knows who and why they make these rules.

Honored Contributor

Well, I got a message that my delivery was handed DIRECTLY TO THE HOMEOWNER.     No....the driver handed it to someone just walking down the street.     LUCKILY, I did find the package outside on the walkway.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, the doorbell rings and I was in the basement so I didn't get to the door right away. Anyhow it was UPS, I open the door, the driver was there (he startled me I thought he would have just left it). He says it needs a signature, he'll sign for me. What's the sense in that, if it needs a signature shouldn't it be signed by me ( I got the impression he was going to leave it either way)?

@Jordan2   Did he sign your name or his as having delivered the package?

At least he waited for you to answer the door.  Had he just signed your name and left the package it could have been stolen.  What a mess that would have been for you.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh