Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  your dad should have gotten a big kick out of that one.working at a bar,when I'm given a credit card and the back of card says see id,I'd, gotten snotty comments. When newly 21yr Olds come in and I ask for id,ID, get offended.im just doing my job

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam    He seemed to thoroughly enjoy the attention, and I, of course, kidded him about it for weeks. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  you sound like a awesome daughter.enjoy your pops.my parents are in their 80s.i wish I could spend more time with them,but working 2 jobs makes it hard.i usually do see them once a week at the library I work at

Honored Contributor

How did we go from the UPS to being carded for drinks??

I'm so confused.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, the doorbell rings and I was in the basement so I didn't get to the door right away. Anyhow it was UPS, I open the door, the driver was there (he startled me I thought he would have just left it). He says it needs a signature, he'll sign for me. What's the sense in that, if it needs a signature shouldn't it be signed by me ( I got the impression he was going to leave it either way)?

@Jordan2 

That began during the early days of Covid. 

Fed Ex does it too........

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SeaMaiden    I don't remember ever being carded -  not even the first time I had a drink in a public place before I was of drinking age.  

@millieshops   Last time I was carded at a grocery store I was in my late 30's. Once my natural prematurely grey hair was part of my look, I was never carded again LOL!

Respected Contributor

Since this thread leaned to stories of being carded. .....Our local Supermarket with attached separate liquor store got fined as unknowingly allowed some underage customers to purchase. For about a year they asked everyone no matter who for an ID.   They  eased up and do not card. I havent seen anyone asked  for an ID in years.

I can't say I was ever carded in college  but my friends were older and 18 drinking age at the time.  I was 17 for a couple of  Freshman months with a late Birthday. The old adage you could be drafted at 18  for fighting in a war but couldn't drink era ,so 18 it was  in some States ,but eventually turned 21.

Some Q wine  reviewers have complained about signing  in that someone of age needs to be home to sign for wine and inconvenient.  It doesn't matter where you order your wine? 

When I do self checkout at Wal-Mart not only alcohol but Nyquil type OTC has to be ok'ed.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

Good to know.  I've never heard of that.

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Jordan2 

One of my regular deliveries requires a signature. I prefer they sign for me, which is an option.

Everyone handles that device and electronic pen, and I'd rather not touch it.

Last one that made me sign stood over my shoulder breathing on me.

Maybe he liked your scent?Smiley LOL