Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  OUCH!!        Hope it heals soon!

Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I think we've all had similar accidents.  You are very brave to pour alcohol on the wound,  ouch and double ouch!

I hope you and your finger are better soon.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Been one most of my adult life. Many broken/dislocated joints and bones. So many stitched holes in my head looks like a road map.

Might think of ICE next klutz move, it speeds up clotting, and in many areas, decreases tissue effected. 

Any sharp tool for me is a hazard. I try to remember to keep the limb not being actively used, is out of range, when possible.

Easy does it now!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

yikes! hope it heals quickly!

Honored Contributor

Hope your tetanus vaccination is current, and use only a gauze type covering with bacitracin or neosporin ointments.   Both produce heat and will cause a skin reaction under a tight plastic bandaid, which can cause a secondary issue with that wound.   Best wishes!   

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Hope you are doing better.  Yikes, easy to do, don’t beat yourself up.  I know after I do something like that, I say, I should know better.  You did a good job.  Take care.  I do use Kuhn Rikon for my clam packaging and batteries!

Honored Contributor
So sorry this happened to you! sounds like you did all the right things to take care of the wound, just make sure it’s okay and doesn’t need a stitch or two if it is very deep. I know even a small cut can make me bleed like crazy due to my low-dose aspirin.
Esteemed Contributor

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's well wishes. The wound is still sensitive to the touch, but it is starting to heal. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.