Honored Contributor

I Am Getting Rid of Things That Annoy Me!

I am getting rid of magazines I don't really look at that pile up.

I am getting rid of memberships and rewards programs I don't use.

I am consolidating financial accounts when I can.

I am blocking, unsubscribing and getting off of lists that seem to be more interested in nagging and telling me how wonderful than supplying products and services.

I am getting rid of stuff that irritates me!

My husband said "ME?" when I told him!  I said watch your step buddy!  Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Have you felt this way lately?  Why am I putting up with, paying for, or allowing this stuff to clutter up my life? 

Valued Contributor

Re: I Am Getting Rid of Things That Annoy Me!

@Sooner wrote:

I am getting rid of magazines I don't really look at that pile up.

I am getting rid of memberships and rewards programs I don't use.

I am consolidating financial accounts when I can.

I am blocking, unsubscribing and getting off of lists that seem to be more interested in nagging and telling me how wonderful than supplying products and services.

I am getting rid of stuff that irritates me!

My husband said "ME?" when I told him!  I said watch your step buddy!  Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Have you felt this way lately?  Why am I putting up with, paying for, or allowing this stuff to clutter up my life? 

I feel the same!!!!!!!! Good for you!!!! Woman WinkHeart

Honored Contributor

Ah, if it were only that easy ! 😏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I did alot of decluttering at the start of the pandemic and it will continue this Fall

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

added:  'friends' on Facebook that were long ago coworkers.  They don't need to know my whereabouts any more.

Clothes/purses/shoes I won't be wearing - donated, thrown out or consigned.  

Makeup:  I don't need a lot of choices any longer.

It's very freeing!  The best part of being 64+!

Honored Contributor

Getting rid of clutter & excess bagage is always a good thing! Now more than ever it feels good to have a bit of control over one's life when so many really don't.

I've gotten more organized with many things around the house this year.

Honored Contributor

I guess what I'm doing now is getting rid of and consolodating things that demand my attention, my time, and my thoughts.  

I guess I am freeing myself "from" as much as "of" stuff that I have to deal with.  Does that make sense? 

Honored Contributor

As I get older I realize all the things I thought important in the past aren't any more, mostly material things.  I am trying to purge but with all that I have it is an overwhelming task.

Today I had my first social outing with two close girlfriends since before the quarantine.  To say how uplifting it was to laugh, exchange stories and just be together doesn't cover how happy it made me.  I have many friends and a wonderful family and that is what is important to me more and more.

I'm sure you will feel good as you purge, just keep what is meaningful but it is difficult.  Good luck!

Contributor

Yes, I am giving my married children things they did not have room for until now. Taking pictures of what I give them for any future questions. 

I wish I could have taken so many things with me when I left home. Now they are no where, etc.  My fault I know.

I don't want them to have to forge through things in the future if I am unable to do it myself.

At this stage "what do I need?" 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Feels great, eh? Happy for you to organize business and clutter. Cul-de-sac garage sale taking place this weekend and we're letting go of art decor I never plan on using again along with random chairs, tools and furniture that's been in the storage room for a few years. Next project: selling in-laws home. One less piece of property to take care of.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau