Esteemed Contributor

It's not just the Q. Two Tees from LL Bean were scheduled for delivery today but found an email this morning that they are delayed, no new expected date, just that they'll notify me if they aren't able to get them to me at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delivery delay from LL Bean

@shaggygirl  It probably depends where you are in the country.  I live in RI so I get my LL Bean packages very fast.  I do have some towels on backorder, however.  Not sure where they are shipping from so again it's the location I believe.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

It's not just the Q. Two Tees from LL Bean were scheduled for delivery today but found an email this morning that they are delayed, no new expected date, just that they'll notify me if they aren't able to get them to me at all.

@shaggygirl   Were they actually shipped and did you receive a tracking number?

Or did the items not ship yet and you were given an estimated date at the time you placed your order.

There is a difference.

It could be an inventory issue, too.  They made the sale but when they went to fulfill the order the tees were not in stock.

Good luck but this happens all over so you really have no choice but to wait or cancel the order.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

They were right on time last week for me.  I have delays from lots of others. Right now, this morning, I am tracing one.

It just depends these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I've gotten several orders from them and it's taken about a week.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

It's typical and also erratic as what to expect for a delivery from any where.  I ordered one thing from LL Bean and never received an email once.  Nothing.  Not even confirming the order.  I kept checking the status and all it said was pending.  Two weeks had gone by and I decided to call to cancel it.  They couldn't even find the order.  I said "well I paid for it and my bank card shows they payment was made to LL Bean.  They were to look into it and get back to me ... she never did.  Two days later the package showed up.  

Some small businesses I've orderd from are amazing.  Continuous emails with updates and when shipping and what to expect as a time to receive them.  Hopefully things will improve.

Respected Contributor

So far LL Bean has been very dependable for me as far as delivery (everything has come within a week).  I do have a couple things that I ordered recently from them that I knew were not in stock at the time of order but I ordered anyway as they gave me a date that they expected them to be in stock. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Or did the items not ship yet and you were given an estimated date at the time you placed your order.

There is a difference.

It could be an inventory issue, too.  They made the sale but when they went to fulfill the order the tees were not in stock.

Good luck but this happens all over so you really have no choice but to wait or cancel the order.

@Cakers3 

The order was placed on the 10th after which I got an email with an estimated delivery date of today. It also said I'd get another email when they shipped.....which they haven't so never had any email w/a tracking number. If I click on the order number the Tees show "processing". So either they will get here late or not at all. Funny thing is I also got an email showing things they think I'd like......including photos of the Tees I might or might not get.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

There is a difference.

@Cakers3 

The order was placed on the 10th after which I got an email with an estimated delivery date of today. It also said I'd get another email when they shipped.....which they haven't so never had any email w/a tracking number. If I click on the order number the Tees show "processing". So either they will get here late or not at all. Funny thing is I also got an email showing things they think I'd like......including photos of the Tees I might or might not get.

@shaggygirlThat's too bad.  I like LL Bean, too.

I think the estimated delivery dates are just automatic depending where the customer lives, meaning zip code.

We've seen "in process" here on the Q and then all of a sudden the package shows up with no update.

I hope you get your tees; I was looking at LL Bean just the other day, too.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl   I also wanted to suggest keeping an eye on your credit card.  They shouldn't be charging until your package ships.

If the charge shows up, you might want to call them.

Sometimes the charge on my cc will be "in process", too.  Then when my package ships the charge changs to a regular charge.