Respected Contributor

Re: I Already Have Idiots Setting Off Fireworks

@January121 wrote:

I know exactly what you are going through!!!! ... the idiot kids were shooting off fireworks a few days ago .. I hate these kids & God forgive me but I wish they get hurt really bad so maybe they will learn a lesson.... their parents are just as bad🥵

You're a real sicko to even think that, much less say it here.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I don't mind the fireworks.  Yes, I have some neighbors behind me who shoot them and I have thought about the possible fire.

However, I also try to think of what they mean to ME..........and that is, this wonderful, beautiful, FREE country we live in, and I thank God!

Oh brother... And I think of what they mean to ME: smoke, noise pollution and an all around nerve wracking experience for the animals and for anyone not mesmerized them... By the way, those SO are not bombs bursting in air...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  ...... I believe a little while ago you said you called the police on one of your neighbors. Are these kids related to that neighbor?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I don't mind the fireworks.  Yes, I have some neighbors behind me who shoot them and I have thought about the possible fire.

However, I also try to think of what they mean to ME..........and that is, this wonderful, beautiful, FREE country we live in, and I thank God!

Oh brother... And I think of what they mean to ME: smoke, noise pollution and an all around nerve wracking experience for the animals and for anyone not mesmerized them... By the way, those SO are not bombs bursting in air...

@stevieb, beat me to the punch. Patriotic? Oh, for goodness' sake. My daughter just managed to escape serious injury from fireworks that landed on her when she was a little girl.

If you want to see fireworks, go to a sanctioned show. Period. I'm glad that are illegal to sell or use in my town, but that doesn't stop the yahoos. We also get the lovely gunshots, too. So endearingly macho.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@Anonymous032819 —I feel so sorry for you. I have very bad memories of past summers (especially July 4th). Fortunately, our neighborhood has been a lot quieter, but I still hate fireworks. There are better ways for kids to blow off steam. Are there any neighborhoods in this country that doesn’t have this problem? I wish I knew. Stay safe.LadyAlice (from NJ)
Respected Contributor

Where I lived  years ago, people set off fireworks year-round. Not fun!

Honored Contributor

I was just thinking....how many days till the darn fireworks.  It's the fools that make all the noise they can, days before and days after when they need to.  It's not the fireworks or the holiday doing it, it's those who just press their luck on that!

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3 

A few years ago, neighbors requested very publicly that people not shoot off fireworks in respect to the Veterans who suffer from PTSD.  The yahoos set them off anyway.

Such patriots.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

So sorry to hear this...and those firecrackers are a real problem for pets....

There are usually special ceremonies, but NO fireworks here for Memorial Day. Our peak firework times are 4th of July and New Year's Eve....There have been so many complaints, that our city  set up a special phone number and police task force to handle them all  (fireworks are illegal inside city limits).

Firecrackers | NOTB Fireworks

@Spurt  That's the first time I've heard of that (special phone number) -  That's great! 👍  Without specifics, what part of the country do you live?

You are So right about how it affects our pets, and even the wildlife, around those fireworks!  If it were just ME, I wouldn't be as bothered, but my dog shakes violently and his panting is so intense. We even purchased (years ago) a 'Thunder Jacket' for him, but it doesn't help. We put him in the powder room with one of his beds as it's in the center of the first floor and there are no windows - just trying to find the quietest locale.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I know exactly what you are going through!!!! ... the idiot kids were shooting off fireworks a few days ago .. I hate these kids & God forgive me but I wish they get hurt really bad so maybe they will learn a lesson.... their parents are just as bad🥵

@January121   God has nothing to do with your remark.

You hate "these kids"; wish they get hurt "really bad"; seems you really are not looking for any forgiveness because you wouldn't have said what you just said.

Prefacing such a remark with "God forgive me" is just trying to smooth out a really vicious remark-and soul.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh