Esteemed Contributor

I Already Have Idiots Setting Off Fireworks

[ Edited ]

Just now, some dude was setting off fireworks across the street from me.

I went outside because I have street parking, and I was making sure that my car didn't get damaged.

A woman who lives across the street, came out and yelled at the kid (20's?), "Are you setting off fireworks on my lawn?!"

Kid:  "I don't know who set them off. He ran that way." , pointing to the direction of North.

Bull!

I saw him standing right next to it as it was going off.

He then moved to the house where the truck caught on fire almost two weeks ago, and set off more fireworks.

Oh, and his dog was running around off leash.

I live in a busy street, where cars fly up and down it.

If I had to hazard a guess, he probably also doesn't wear a mask, because "da man" ain't gonna tell him what to do!

So, any fools setting off fireworks where you live?

Oh, and these were the kind of fireworks that go up in to the air, like the professionals use.

To say that my cats were freaked out and scared, would be an understatement.

Thank goodness my dad isn't around for this.

This would set him off, and he would be over there yelling at the punk, who would have zero respect or care that he was so agitated.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Already Have Idiots Setting Off Fireworks

I know exactly what you are going through!!!! ... the idiot kids were shooting off fireworks a few days ago .. I hate these kids & God forgive me but I wish they get hurt really bad so maybe they will learn a lesson.... their parents are just as bad🥵

Respected Contributor

The neighbors behind me do fireworks every week, it's their thing, it's legal so have to put up with it...the last of June & the first 2 weeks in July is BOOM every night.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Yes for over a month..I am really dredding holidays more and more as I get older.It scares me about my roof and fires.

Respected Contributor

A couple weeks ago someone here was at it. My neighbor usually has a Labor Day bash and has fireworks. I, too, worry about my roof catching fire. Scary. I'm sure they'll be getting set off for July 4th., etc. My cats freak out, too.

Honored Contributor

Relax. Take a deep breath and enjoy life. Compared to what we all have been through I'd say fireworks would be a very welcome distraction! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I've been listening to fireworks the last few nights too.  My dog goes nuts with the noise.  I worry about veterans and others who suffer from PTSD. Sadly, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Respected Contributor

@ID2 This is not something I can relax about. I sure don't need property damage and  to loose my house to a fire. I had a big hole in my roof once from m-80's and my screens were ruined. So no this is not okay and it adds to my hearth issues I and my husband are having.

Honored Contributor

I've been hearing them for about a week now!  It's scary because I'm in a neighborhood where the houses and yards are very close together and there are a lot of trees, etc. all around -- so I worry about damage and fires!  

The July 4th holiday is another bad time!  They are shooting them off for about 3 weeks before and 3 weeks after!  And I feel bad for all the neighborhood dogs!  Of course, then, none of us get much sleep.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Saturday morning a man was hunting in my backyard! He set off two shots at a turkey. I went out on porch and yelled at him. Not thinking I could of got shot! But goodness gracious. He ran off. 
I am sure we will get the fireworks fun this weekend. Ugh.