Honored Contributor

Re: I Already Have Idiots Setting Off Fireworks

I can tolerate them, but this is too early - wait until July people!

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

So sorry to hear this...and those firecrackers are a real problem for pets....

There are usually special ceremonies, but NO fireworks here for Memorial Day. Our peak firework times are 4th of July and New Year's Eve....There have been so many complaints, that our city  set up a special phone number and police task force to handle them all  (fireworks are illegal inside city limits).

Firecrackers | NOTB Fireworks

@Spurt  That's the first time I've heard of that (special phone number) -  That's great! 👍  Without specifics, what part of the country do you live?

You are So right about how it affects our pets, and even the wildlife, around those fireworks!  If it were just ME, I wouldn't be as bothered, but my dog shakes violently and his panting is so intense. We even purchased (years ago) a 'Thunder Jacket' for him, but it doesn't help. We put him in the powder room with one of his beds as it's in the center of the first floor and there are no windows - just trying to find the quietest locale.

@Mimi 1883 

I live in a large city in South Texas .......The local police non-emergency number couldnt handle all the calls on New Year's Eve.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh I’m sure the trailer trash neighbor boys will be setting off fireworks this weekend.   They actually appear to have jobs now, so they buy fireworks when they have money.   Since WV is quite saturated, fire danger is extremely low, unless sparks get to their yard trash, wood pile - or the trailer.  

The boys actually cut down the half dead oak tree last week, so I guess no more entertainment from it catching fire.   We didn’t see the tree cutting process, but can see where part of the tree hit the end of the trailer as it came down.   So that’s broken windows # 3 and 4 in the trailer; 1 and 2 were broken more than 2 years ago.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I don't mind the fireworks.  Yes, I have some neighbors behind me who shoot them and I have thought about the possible fire.

However, I also try to think of what they mean to ME..........and that is, this wonderful, beautiful, FREE country we live in, and I thank God!

Oh brother... And I think of what they mean to ME: smoke, noise pollution and an all around nerve wracking experience for the animals and for anyone not mesmerized them... By the way, those SO are not bombs bursting in air...

@stevieb, beat me to the punch. Patriotic? Oh, for goodness' sake. My daughter just managed to escape serious injury from fireworks that landed on her when she was a little girl.

If you want to see fireworks, go to a sanctioned show. Period. I'm glad that are illegal to sell or use in my town, but that doesn't stop the yahoos. We also get the lovely gunshots, too. So endearingly macho.

@suzyQ3  Sorry, but I just couldn't wait on that one... Just can't get down with what some folks equate to being 'American'... And yea, if you just HAVE to see them... again... find a legitimate display...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

With so many people out of work why would you waste money on something that goes up in smoke?  I have never understood this idiocy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Anonymous032819  ...... I believe a little while ago you said you called the police on one of your neighbors. Are these kids related to that neighbor?

Different neighbors.

The neighbors that I called the cops on live across the alley that is behind my house, and that was for playing loud, heavy bass "music" for at least 4 hours.

These people live across and down the street, in front of my house.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

These kinds of fireworks are illegal in California, so where they are getting them, I have no idea.

Also, our city firework show has been cancelled, so no 4th of July show here.

I just have a feeling that the amount of illegal fireworks going off will be plentiful this year.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Idiot. 

Super Contributor

trailer trash.

Honored Contributor

Have heard most fireworks shows have already been cancelled for this July 4, so guess your neighbor wants to give everyone a free show now. Where I live, fireworks are illegal within the city limits, so they use gunfire instead. Very festive.