Esteemed Contributor

A 3 month old Huskie pup was rescued from a hot car in a parking garage in Vegas.  He had his mouth taped shut.

The owner was gambling. Someone saw the dog called police and they got the puppy out through the sunroof.  The dog was there for 2 hours. He will be ok.

They arrested the owner.  Tape HIS mouth shut and lock him in the car for 2 hrs.  See how he likes it.  Sometimes I hate the human race.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The owner is less civilized than the dog.  Hope he is found guilty of serious animal abuse and neglect charges.

Valued Contributor

I lik your idea of having him suffer the same treatment he inflicted on the poor dog.

Then a little jail time.

Then a court order prohibiting him from ever owning another animal.

Respected Contributor

I saw this arrest on tape.

To me this cruelty screamed malice aforethought. Leaving a helpless dog, a baby, in a sweltering locked car was horrific enough. The fact that he taped its mouth shut was unconscionable and unforgiveable.

The "suspect" (not surprisingy) showed little emotion and definitely no remorse. The arresting officer's voice was terse and I commend him for managing to keep his composure. 

Sometimes I lose faith as well CrazyKittyLvr2. But then I read stories of rescue where so many lives are saved, limbs healed and loving homes provided. You must always live in hope. It is what motivates us and what sustains us.

And this sweet one was saved. Thank God.  

Honored Contributor

No argument from me!  Smiley Mad  I tend to gravitate toward non-human animals at this point, MUCH more than humans (for MANY good reasons).

I'm so sick of cruelty toward animals. I wish stuff like animal races, rodeos, and circuses that use animals were outlawed.  It's wrong to treat them so horribly.  Also, killing animals for sport is horrific.  I know I'll never get that wish and that just furthers my disappointment with the human race (not all of them, for sure!!).

Respected Contributor

It is disgusting and vile the horrors that humans inflict on animals. 

It is impossible to wrap my head around the total idiocy, evil and lack of empathy of some.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

This kind of stuff just makes me mad.  Like why have a pet or a child if you don't plan to take care of the poor thing.  

Honored Contributor

55D7D305-85F5-42F4-AAA9-C9D68BD4E567.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Humans Are The Worst.

[ Edited ]

A few months ago a dog was found in another part of my state abandoned, mouth taped shut, and legs broken.  Hopefully, the dog is doing okay.  I know they sent him to Mississippi State University Vets for treatment, but haven't heard any updates.  I imagine they never found the low down human who did this.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Humans Are The Worst.

[ Edited ]

I think we should have a background check on people who want to adopt dogs. Many individuals just want to abuse them because they are mentally unstable. These poor animals can't fight back and are left to survive these cruelties. 

They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law; maybe we could do the same to them. People throw dogs out of cars, into rivers and the trash. It does make me wonder how any human could mistreat a poor and defenseless animal or baby.. Too many sick people in our world.