Honored Contributor

Re: Huge Possum In The Yard.

@ECBG wrote:

We get deer, bears, hawks, doves, fox, catamounts, fox,

owls, and bats in addition to all of the rabbits, and squirrels.

Catamount (smaller than a mountain lion).

5,127 Catamount Animal Pictures Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free  Images - iStock

Oh my! I think one of us would have to move!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Deer,snakes..chipmunks,hawks..on grabbed a bunnySmiley Sad grounhogs,fox..lots other night creatures..haven't had a skunk around in a long time..may they stay away!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay 

Honey, they run when we make noise.  We won't let Shadow out until they have cleared out!

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

We have several that visit on a regular basis, and have had them all the years we have lived here. Will see small ones come with the bigger ones. Good to have around since eating ticks is on their menu. 

We feed all our visitors from different species, and fill up huge containers of water for them.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@on the bay    Yes, lots of bobcats.  Some people try to keep chickens but if a bobcat discovers them, they're gone.

The big tortoises are not native and are pets but they're always fleeing(?).

To hear people talk, the most dangerous critter would be a teenager wearing a hoodie.  All the busybodies fly into a panic, sure he's up to no good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I took this picture a week ago in my backyard.

He was hungry and thirsty.

7F724E87-85D6-4C59-AAFC-C85E375E19DF.jpeg

Regular Contributor

C079D1F5-DE3C-4B03-9A6C-C9E1CB197EF5.jpeg

This is "Bandit" at my front door ... eating the Cheez-its and water that hubby left out for him. 🦝 😀

Respected Contributor

Possums, armadillos, deer, once even a neighbor's goat! We live in a rural area. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

He was waddling across the yard.  Figure he might be looking for water, there is a small creek a short way from the house.

He must not have noticed there is fresh water on the porch for the outside cats. 

Sometimes at night we have a possum or 2 on the porch eating the cats food.  The poor cats just sat back and watch.

Do you get animals in your yard besides the usual squirrels and chipmunks?

Yes, racoons, turkeys, rabbits, deer, possum even some times geese flying to a park south of me. I think the geese find my yard safe to rest awhile, it is surrounded by trees and bushes. We have no dogs or cats, against city rules if not leashed.

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

He was waddling across the yard.  Figure he might be looking for water, there is a small creek a short way from the house.

He must not have noticed there is fresh water on the porch for the outside cats. 

Sometimes at night we have a possum or 2 on the porch eating the cats food.  The poor cats just sat back and watch.

Do you get animals in your yard besides the usual squirrels and chipmunks?

Cats, deer, possums, rabbits, snakes, turtles, frogs, turkeys, fox, raccoons, ground hogs, and I once saw a skunk running through.