Trusted Contributor

We have a wind advisory, and expect a rain/snow mix tonight in Minneapolis. Brrrr

Honored Contributor

I was shocked Went to the grocery today without a jacket. Won't make that mistake again. I am so used to not needing a jacket until today. I felt like an old lady, turning off all the vents in the car. 

I also started getting my winter clothes out. This cold front just seemed to hit us today.

Honored Contributor

@Katluver925 wrote:

So. Ca -  98 on Monday, 98 Tuesday, 96 Wednesday, 90 today!  October is always one of our hottest months!

@Katluver925   What's the situation with the fires?  I haven't heard a word about them for several days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Daylight savings time is over November 5.............................................

Contributor

I’m just happy all Fall baseball/softball and soccer are over this year.  We have a closet in the back of the car to be prepared for wind, cold, sunny or rainy weather.  Now that we’re retired I don’t care too much about the weather as there’s always another day. 

Respected Contributor

Been hot here the last few days, like SoCal but not quite as hot.  Today was 85 but it felt like 95.  And remember, most of us don't have A/C in the city.  Even in many office buildings I stopped in today (to cool off!) they weren't that cool.

Esteemed Contributor

Hot hot-suppose to be cooler soon but I will believe it when I feel it.  Never felt this hot in over 55 years. Grew up in Minnesota near Lake Superior where it can get 35 below in the winter so I will stay in the Los Angeles area. At least there is ac in the house.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

We're expecting a cold front to sweep through in the next 24 hours.  I just saw a radar display that showed it's snowing like crazy in Denver.  We won't have snow but it's going to get a lot colder.

Has winter arrived in your area?

We only got a trace of snow--about an inch--and we'll be back to sun & 70 degrees by the weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: How's Your Weather?

[ Edited ]

Winter?  We aren't even a month into fall.  Let's not rush things.  LOL

We had the warmest October on record.  Last Sunday it was near 80 and sunny. Then it got cold.  Wednesday I had to break down and turn my heat on at night.

Today it was gorgeous most of the day.  Sunny and near 70.  Now it's gray and overcast.  We have a 100% chance of rain starting late tonight and going through mid-day tomorrow.  The high for the next week or so isn't supposed to be higher than very low 50's.

Our local weather said the second week of November trends higher than normal temps but then lower then normal for the third week.

ETA:  I'm in Ohio in a suburb west of Cleveland. 

Honored Contributor

calm before the storm for us.

sunny and warming up. Saturday night into Tuesday a tropical depression is blowing up the east coast . will have super heavy rain and high winds for 36 hours. Very close to hurricane strength winds. Storm is to last saturday night into Tuesday.