Honored Contributor

I have never tipped a delivery person and don't plan to start.  Why?  They received pay commensurate with their skill and the type of work they do.  Tipping of this type is uncommon in my part of the world.  It's not expected. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

$10 each.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

$25 each.........

That seems like a lot, considering they're only bringing it into the garage. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Candyapple wrote:
I'd give them $5.00 each, and I'd also have a bottled water each and six big chocolate chip cookies for each of them, in ziplock baggies, waiting for them to take with them when they leave. But that's just me. To each their own.

I'd cook them each a steak plus a glass of wine, and baked Alaska for dessert. 

And I'd give them $20 each Woman Wink

Okay I'm being silly, but tipping CAN get out of hand. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

That seems like a lot, considering they're only bringing it into the garage. 

I'm in the habit of tipping generously, you never know when you might need someone's assistance again.  Besides, what's $50, $75 bucks at the end of the day?

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

If you're paying a company to pick up the item & deliver it to your home $5 per person is a sufficient tip ,in my opinion. 

I always tip these people because the company does not pay very well.  $5 each is minimum of what I would do.

Honored Contributor

My husband was in the hospital and the battery in my key fob was about to die.  I did not know how to replace it.  I bought a battery.  I needed gas to get to the hospital to see my husband.  I asked the service station attendant who pumped my gas if he knew where there was a service on a Sunday afternoon that would be able to do that for me.  He asked to try.  He struggled with it, called his son who told him how.  He charged me nothing.  I gave him $10 and told him to get himself a burger.  He smiled and said, "I can get me and my son both a burger."  

My husband who said I did not have to tip them because that was a full-service station and gas cost me more, blah, blah, blah...was home the following Sunday, and as fate would have it,our pastor preached a sermon on tipping and the Christian and character of that person by how they tipped those who provided the smallest service for them.... I felt like that sermon was directed to my husband although I would have been embarrassed to tell my pastor my husband complained about me giving the gentleman $10.  For me, he was an angel and maybe a good Samaritan for which my faith was being tested.

Esteemed Contributor

Seeing as how this thread was started in April, I'm sure that the issue has been resolved. 😀

Having said that, I would tip $5 each.

Honored Contributor

Under the circumstances you give, IMO it's a toss-up between none to minimal. I'm assuming, since you chose a moving company to do this, that you had to over-pay to start with, to deliver such an easy, inconsequential (to them) item; it's what happens. That being the case, I might well not tip them, or tip them $5 apiece/$10 total - which is probably just another $10 too much.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

$20 per person, I believe in tipping generously.