Super Contributor

Re: How did you Approach the big 3-0?

When I hit 30, I finally felt like I was grown up. Ha! Just remember, each day is a blessing and what's the alternative? Be alive and be 30! Embrace it! 40 was hard for me, but then my husband bought me a beautiful big diamond anniversary band, and I see that ring on my hand and think fondly of that day and forever will{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

With a short skirt, high heels and a martini!

Honored Contributor

I hated being 30 so it was rather traumatic for me. Every decade since then has been nothing but a number. After two cancer journeys I'm just happy to be here to celebrate my birthday, no matter which one it is. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

The BIG 3-0 ??? Oh lordy, lordy. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Preds said:

HEAD ON ... 30 was nothing but a number. My best friend and my ex freaked when they hit 30. I never understood why ... still don't. Be proud of it and stay on your path. You never stop learning, growing, and aging. They should all be a goal to reach! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Exactly! I went to work on my 30th birthday and was received with a bouquet of red roses from my co-workers and a decorated cake (with no candles) from my supervisor. It was actually a pretty good day. And life has just gotten better each day, especially since retirement.

Respected Contributor

Jeez, if 30 is so painful for you, how will you handle 60?

BTW, just turned 67 in Feb & can only say, don't sweat the small stuff, especially numbers.

Respected Contributor

I can't believe you would even say that!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

I took 50 hard, but that was because of a very bad menopause where I went through a lot of physical and emotional changes, gave my loving SO his walking papers because I felt I wasn't a "woman" anymore. That's when my first autoimmune disease hit, hypothyroidism, and I gained 20 lbs. I became a first time grandma and went through postpartum depression (I swear I did). I had multiple panic attacks every day. I felt like a different person. It lasted five years. After that, I became myself again, more or less.

I looked forward to 60 and 65 because I was eligible for social security which I banked while I was still working full time. Anything after that was just downhill because I came down with RA at 66, and my girls' marriages were all falling apart, my beloved sister was diagnosed with colon cancer, and all the rest it.

At 30 I was gorgeous, had four beautiful children and got away from my fake marriage. My 30s and 40s were my absolute best years. I had two decades of wonderful.

So look forward, OP, your life is just beginning!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

45 years ago. Oh to be 30 again! NOT, 1 time 'round is e'nuff for me. Oh, happy #30 to ya.
hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

On 4/1/2015 wildcherry said:

30, 40 and 50 didn't bother me one bit. 60 hit home.

Oh yeah!! Same here!!!!