Honored Contributor

Re: How come Hollywood celebrities don't go to marriage counseling?

??? They do.  Rossdale and Stefani were in couples counselling for several years, as was Affleck and Gardner, or it is being reported as such.

Respected Contributor

Many celebrities are also worried about privacy concerns and may fear information about the counselling sessions might be leaked to the press. 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

As far as infidelity, once trust is gone, it is gone.  

That isn't true. But both parties must be willing to work towards regaining trust. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

How do you know they don't?????  They are people just like the rest of us, divorce is as hard for them as it would be for anyone.  I have no doubt that many of them go to counselling.  By the way, it's called couples counselling.  I don't believe the term "marriage" counselling has been used for years. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a celeb watcher and wouldn't even know the names of most of them at this point.

I don't believe that anyone has a patent on all the problems that can beset a marriage. Infidelity, alcoholism, drug abuse, financial setbacks, etc, ad nauseam affect the population as a whole. They may be magnified in certain professions, and especially by the media when it comes to celebrities.

Some couples can work through them, but others can not do so or choose not to do so.

Worse than the undue attention given to public figures is the voyeurism by some who seem to thrive on others' personal problems in a schadenfreude-ish way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have heard some of them say they did go. I have read news articles which also state that some went to counseling. Studies show that wealthy people find it easier to divorce because the worry over having enough money to survive after the divorce is taken away from them.

Honored Contributor

How come some people jump to conclusions?

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if that's true about Ben Affleck and the nanny.............

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I wonder if that's true about Ben Affleck and the nanny.............

I would find it very, very hard to believe that Affleck took a private plane trip with the nanny and Tom Brady to Las Vegas (which he did) and that he and the nanny stayed in separate rooms. Not likely. 

Trusted Contributor

1. NC Bandwagon wrote:

I know that a lot Hollywood celebrities break up with each other often. What I don't know or understand is why they don't go to marriage counseling to try and work things out.

Now, I know that marriage counseling isn't cheap. It's expensive, but I know that celebrities can afford it. So why don't they go to marriage counselors?

I'm sure Hollywood celebrities are touched by your concern, but I doubt they want you fret over their marriages breaking up.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️