Honored Contributor

Re: How come Hollywood celebrities don't go to marriage counseling?

[ Edited ]

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Why are you assuming they don't? 

Hello, ChynnaBlue. Smiley Happy

Usually because they end up hating and despising each other in the end. As if they hated each other bitterly and didn't try to make it work. The way that some ex-couples act towards each other in Hollywood make it seem like they didn't even try to work things out. Example of that: Slandering each other to media outlets, fighting over every speck of dust that the other owns, things like that.

I don't think that's the "usual" at all. I think that's the MINORITY, but that's what makes the news that you love to read and gossip about. Couples who break up quietly and don't fight don't make the gossip columns.

Most of the people actually involved in the marriage don't say boo about it to anyonee else. The tabloids report things that supposedly "an unnamed source close to the couple" said, but I don't believe those things.

Yeah, Sheri Shepard has a big, horrible breakup. Meanwhile, Gwynneth Paltrow and her ex still go to brunch on Sunday "because that's what you do," she says of being divorced.

The idea that the majority of celebrity couples are bitter and say horrible things about each other doesn't ring true to me.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

That was my first question as well.

No one knows everything they do and to assume they don't is a bit presumptious.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Hello, ChynnaBlue. Smiley Happy

Usually because they end up hating and despising each other in the end. As if they hated each other bitterly and didn't try to make it work. The way that some ex-couples act towards each other in Hollywood make it seem like they didn't even try to work things out. Example of that: Slandering each other to media outlets, fighting over every speck of dust that the other owns, things like that.

I don't think that's the "usual" at all. I think that's the MINORITY, but that's what makes the news that you love to read and gossip about. Couples who break up quietly and don't fight don't make the gossip columns.

Most of the people actually involved in the marriage don't say boo about it to anyonee else. The tabloids report things that supposedly "an unnamed source close to the couple" said, but I don't believe those things.

Yeah, Sheri Shepard has a big, horrible breakup. Meanwhile, Gwynneth Paltrow and her ex still go to brunch on Sunday "because that's what you do," she says of being divorced.

The idea that the majority of celebrity couples are bitter and say horrible things about each other doesn't ring true to me.

That is right, that is all we hear about in the tabloids because it is "boring" to read about all those that are actually getting along.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they do get counseling but TMZ doesn't find out about it.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that many DO go to marriage counseling, especially if they have children but keep it as private as they possibly can, perhaps that's why the public doesn't hear about it very often....  even tho they're famous and have money doesn't mean they aren't human like the rest of us.....

And it just makes sense to keep the divorce civil (going to lunch) in order to stay abreast of thier children....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Maybe they do get counseling but TMZ doesn't find out about it.

That's a real possibility. The other thing is, often, these couple don't get to spend much time together. Busy schedules, often across the country from each other, doesn't really allow for a lot of bonding time.

Also, like it or not, sometimes I think big Hollywood egos get in the way. Neither wants to admit any fault and counseling generally reveals some fault on both sides.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Counseling only works, if you want it to. You have to be open to it.

I would not assume that celebrities do not go to counselors....frankly, it's not something you would publicize. It's a private matter.

Most of the nonsense you see about anyone that is famous is just that, nonsense, Sure, there are some real whacko jobs out there, but I think for the most part, they put their pants on the same way we do.....they just do it where everyone can see it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would guess infidelity is the biggest problem among the rich and famous.  There is a lot of opportunity, money not an issue, and a new someone always willing to take their chance with you.

I suspect Kathy Lee Gifford wanted Frank and the marriage so much that she found it possible with God's help to forgive.  Evidently he also wanted the marriage to continue.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they do but do not publicize it.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I think a lot of them would rather end it cleanly instead of continuing to cheat around and get caught.  I also think a lot of them are very narcissistic and do not want to air their dirty laundry to some counselor . Not everyone believes that marriage counsel is helpful.