Respected Contributor

How come Hollywood celebrities don't go to marriage counseling?

I know that a lot Hollywood celebrities break up with each other often. What I don't know or understand is why they don't go to marriage counseling to try and work things out.

Now, I know that marriage counseling isn't cheap. It's expensive, but I know that celebrities can afford it. So why don't they go to marriage counselors?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Re: How come Hollywood celebrities don't go to marriage counseling?

Why are you assuming they don't? 

Honored Contributor

Maybe they do.  MIght be one of the reasons for the longer-lasting celebrity marriages. 

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Why are you assuming they don't? 

Hello, ChynnaBlue. Smiley Happy

Usually because they end up hating and despising each other in the end. As if they hated each other bitterly and didn't try to make it work. The way that some ex-couples act towards each other in Hollywood make it seem like they didn't even try to work things out. Example of that: Slandering each other to media outlets, fighting over every speck of dust that the other owns, things like that.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure many do.  But once you add alcoholism, drug abuse, or infidelity in the mix, so often marriages are broken for good.  Yes, all marriages have ups and downs, but these issues are so frequently downs.  As far as infidelity, once trust is gone, it is gone.  Some can work through this, but it must be very tough.  You have to look at a lot of celebrity lifestyles, and it seems as though stars who avoid this whole scene have had the longest enduring marriages.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because its rudy and snarky, not necessary.

Honored Contributor

The other assumption here is that marriage counseling can 100% save marriages.  The overall divorce rate in the US is nearly 50%. 

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I'm sure many do.  But once you add alcoholism, drug abuse, or infidelity in the mix, so often marriages are broken for good.  Yes, all marriages have ups and downs, but these issues are so frequently downs.  As far as infidelity, once trust is gone, it is gone.  Some can work through this, but it must be very tough.  You have to look at a lot of celebrity lifestyles, and it seems as though stars who avoid this whole scene have had the longest enduring marriages.

Hmm, didn't think of that. I guess the counselor can't help someone or two someones that aren't even "there."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

How come Hollywood celebrities don't go to marriage counseling?

Some of them are already looking for their next spouse, why bother with having to work when they can find another one?

Then there are some that take marriage as serious as I take people that constantly complain about everything and everybody.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

As far as infidelity, once trust is gone, it is gone.

Kathie Lee Gifford was able to move past the infidelity! (I wouldn't be able to).