Respected Contributor

Re: How come Hollywood celebrities don't go to marriage counseling?

Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard go to marriage counseling.  They do the .samsung commercials and have both starred in tv shows. Cute couple, I hope they make it. 

Honored Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Why are you assuming they don't? 

Hello, ChynnaBlue. Smiley Happy

Usually because they end up hating and despising each other in the end. As if they hated each other bitterly and didn't try to make it work. The way that some ex-couples act towards each other in Hollywood make it seem like they didn't even try to work things out. Example of that: Slandering each other to media outlets, fighting over every speck of dust that the other owns, things like that.

I read about them going for marriage counseling pretty often, I read that about Ben and Jennifer.  Counseling can't work miracles.  The only difference is celebs are in the spotlight and everything they do or say is reported.

A lot is just made up about them, too.  Fiction, usually from an "unnamed source."

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Robin Williams married his kids nanny.  can't recall.  I think she was wife #2.

Respected Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

Many celebrities are also worried about privacy concerns and may fear information about the counselling sessions might be leaked to the press. 

Wow I hope information on private counseling sessions wouldn't be leaked to the press.  That would be very unprofessional on the counseling service's part, not to mention that could be grounds for law suits for sure

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Robin Williams married his kids nanny.  can't recall.  I think she was wife #2.

I'm not understanding the relevance of this. He was divorced from his first wife.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

How many non-celebrities have counseling ? Are there stats for either ?

More than half of US marriages end in divorce. They're not really different from the rest of us.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

As far as infidelity, once trust is gone, it is gone.

Kathie Lee Gifford was able to move past the infidelity! (I wouldn't be able to).

To the best of my knowledge, Kathie and Frank went to counselling to work through the whole thing, and she forgave him. 

Respected Contributor

because they don't want to just like the other people that don't go

Honored Contributor

Being in the entertainment industry isn't the easiest career.  Not much privacy at all.  And, yes, private information can be leaked.  Could be leaked by counseling office staff, overnight maintenance workers, insurance workers, whatever-whatever else.  Just think of all of the millions of indentity theft, information leaks in our country and all around the world.  If personal problems are noted on paper or on a computer, there is always a chance of a leak.  My suggestion would be to celebrities is to have couple sessions out on a beach or someplace where there aren't any microphones.  The marriage counselor would have to recall by memory all of the info from each previous session.  Sounds far-fetched, I know............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

Probably as many celebrities do get counseling as non celebrities, we don't have any way to know their real personal life, I think a lot of what we read in gossip sites is fiction anyway.