Respected Contributor

Re: How can I be so old and still mess up

Tonight I splattered all over the stove stirring something that a 10 y/o would have been neater at. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Laura14

I'm almost 78 yrs young and 3 yrs ago I bought a 2012 Honda Civic. Prior to that I had a Honda Accord for 29 yrs. So -- I now get scared when turning on the car because all those colorful lights come on. The buttons on the steering wheel scare me because I have no idea how to use them. I still don't know how to use the radio or set the stations. I don't know how to change the time on the dash - so when I bring my car in to Honda (which is rarely), they change the clock for me. The best part --- when I bought the car, the front seat was very low in the car and I couldn't see out the front window very well. The dash is higher than my previous car - so it blocks my view. When I had to pull into a parking space, I couldn't see the lines -- so I would pull in - get out of my car and re-park. A year ago, I went to the tile store and the female helping me walked me back to my car. I told her that I can't see out the window - so she raised the seat. I had no idea it could be raised. I knew I was feeling anxious every time I drove the car. So much better now.

I typed that I'm almost 74 yrs young --- and next month I'll be 78!!!!!

Oh my gosh kivah, you are so funny, thanks for giving me a good laugh.  Oh, and try reading the car manual, you just might find out a whole bunch of new tricks for your car. Woman Wink

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

We love our front loader. Clothes in ours come out fresh — and cleaner than in our former top load washer. To each her own, though. But we’ve been happy with this for a few years.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

We are on vacation. My husband is fishing so I decided to wash our ever growing pile of dirty clothes. The washers are front end loaders. I have a top loader at home but figured no big deal.

Well I put the clothes in, picked the setting, poured the detergent on the clothes, closed the door and pressed Start. The tub turned and all the detergent went between the glass door and the tub. 

Guess I should have gone fishing.

Why didn't you put the detergent in the detergent dispenser??? Its there for a reason. I have had front loaders for years and years and have absolutely no problem with them getting my clothes clean and fresh. But if you mis-use the machine by putting the detergent in the wrong place, well there you go!......

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I can relate to the "no key" for the car.  Right after aI got my first "keyless" car my daughter in law was in labor and I raced to the hospital.  About three hours later I went back to my car...I had never pushed the button to shut it off!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma

The car manual has been sitting on my kitchen table - for 3 years --- and I haven't opened it yet!!!! I can't read manuals and understand it.

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@drizzellla- I’ve never been too old to make a mistake, or too old to find the correction. Bet we’re in the same boat!

Enjoy your vacation!

My front loader is a dream come true, best washer I’ve ever had, and NEVER smells. Good thing, because I HAD to have a front loader since I had to have a stack.

Different stokes for different washers!

@violann, what do you do if anything to keep your clothes sweet smelling?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have the type with the magnetic door, so if it’s not washing, it’s open about two inches the rest of the time, and we use a product by Tide every five or six months designed to freshen front loafers- HAHA STUPID SPELL CHECK. My front LOADER is NOT a “loafer”- it’s a WORKHORSE!!!!!

That’s it! 

But since I’m back in this post, the magnet gadget really DOES seem to take care of the “standing water” problem for people like me, who HAD to have a big front loaDer.😎