Honored Contributor

How can I be so old and still mess up

We are on vacation. My husband is fishing so I decided to wash our ever growing pile of dirty clothes. The washers are front end loaders. I have a top loader at home but figured no big deal.

Well I put the clothes in, picked the setting, poured the detergent on the clothes, closed the door and pressed Start. The tub turned and all the detergent went between the glass door and the tub. 

Guess I should have gone fishing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: How can I be so old and still mess up

worse things can happen. you DID NOT mess up. enjoy your vacation!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is really too bad, @drizzellla.  I hate front loaders.  I looked and looked for a top loader before choosing the one I have.  I donated a practically brand new set of top loading when we moved into our home. 

You are washing your clothes in about a gallon of water, part of which was retained from the last load.  Stinky, stinky, stinky, oh, but it conserves water so is good for the planet......not so good for getting your clothes clean.

Again, sorry this happened to you.  Better wait until you get home to do laundry.  Go grab your pole and have some family fun!Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla- I’ve never been too old to make a mistake, or too old to find the correction. Bet we’re in the same boat!

Enjoy your vacation!

My front loader is a dream come true, best washer I’ve ever had, and NEVER smells. Good thing, because I HAD to have a front loader since I had to have a stack.

Different stokes for different washers!

Esteemed Contributor

Best laid plans............

Vacation rule #1..........Never wash on vacation...... not your fault.

Honored Contributor

I've learned if it has electricity running through it or any other buttons you have to push, find the nearest toddler for a free 101 session and then you're good.  

Remember, I don't know how to drive the latest car models anymore.  I am still in therapy over the whole no key necessary thing.   

Honored Contributor

Funny....  If that's the worst thing that happened on your vacation, you are a lucky woman.  The washer probably had a detergent dispenser that you should have used.  If not, you put the detergent in first with a front load machine, then you loosley put the clothes in and don't over load.

Honored Contributor

At least I got to try a Speed Queen. We were here last year in November. And they had just installed the washers 8 days before we came.

I am impressed that the washer did not take forever, like my Whirpool.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla  Don't feel bad.  I've had a front loader for 10 years and my DH still doesn't know how to use it.  I remind him of that when he gets short with me when I have "computer confusion".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs@I donated my front loaders too.Clean laundry smelled worse than the dirty laundry and my house stunk too.I know a couple of other people who had the same problem.

i wanted to add that while I saved water I felt I was smelling old and musty.