Valued Contributor

Re: How Much Time Could You Spend...........

Pre-Covid I could spend hours in TJMaxx or Homegoods. I can scan every rack and most every piece and have a great time! I'm a digger and have loved shopping since I was 4 years old. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quick In and Out shopper, always have been.

I like to shop, and like a good price, but no point wandering around looking at things I don’t want.  EXCEPTION - Flea Mkts, and the like.

Sight seeing, exploring a new city, or country, I’m good for days and days!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Having sewn for years, I can easily understand two hours in a fabric shop if you are looking at every bolt.  Each bolt begins a flip chart in a sewer's mind of all the possible clothing choices, items you already have and how you can integrate that into your closet or home.

Just imagine that process with every bolt, not to mention going through pattern books and comparing details such as drape, darts, and fit.

If you understand the creative process, than you can experience what I described.

In a store, if I don't find the quality I want, I'm out.

Honored Contributor

Okay, to be honest, I could go for hours in just one tiny, little eclectic home boutique.

I have my favorites up and down both coasts.

When in town here, my husband is the one sitting on a bench in the shade, eating an ice cream cone or having a cup of coffee.  He doesn't mind--even if I drag him in to look at something I've been looking at for an hour...or two...

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Haven't been shopping since the ***** arrived. If I have more than 2 things, I have a list. I only shop at 2 stores and I know where everything I buy is located. On rare occasions when they change, takes a couple minutes longer.

In/grab the items/out the door. When my wife was incapacitated for several different reasons, it took me longer. Same scenario however. List/grab items/check out/out the door.

There is no looking at other items, scratching my head, just grab it and off I go. Always been the same be it groceries/electronics/clothes/household items. List/grab/checkout, out the door. Never timed myself, but doubt I ever spent more than 20 minutes in my life.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Okay, to be honest, I could go for hours in just one tiny, little eclectic home boutique.

I have my favorites up and down both coasts.

When in town here, my husband is the one sitting on a bench in the shade, eating an ice cream cone or having a cup of coffee.  He doesn't mind--even if I drag him in to look at something I've been looking at for an hour...or two...

@Lucky Charm My DH doesn't go with me and hasn't since we went shopping with our 2 year old son.  He preferred to putter and let our young sons ride their toys.

We did Charlotte's Metrolina Fairgrounds with a close couple from college (with whom we share the holidays).  We both furnished our homes in primitives and spent many Saturdays combing over 3 or 4 warehouses.

Esteemed Contributor

There exists a montage of photos from all over the world of men of all cultures waiting outside stores.  

They all assume the same stance sort of, arms folded etc.  It just makes you crack up.

Respected Contributor

In most stores, I like to go in and get what I need and get out.

The exception to that is time spent at Home Depot or Lowes.  I love to look at the appliances, plants/flowers and cruise the shelves for different things that could be projects down the road.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Haven't been shopping since the ***** arrived. If I have more than 2 things, I have a list. I only shop at 2 stores and I know where everything I buy is located. On rare occasions when they change, takes a couple minutes longer.

In/grab the items/out the door. When my wife was incapacitated for several different reasons, it took me longer. Same scenario however. List/grab items/check out/out the door.

There is no looking at other items, scratching my head, just grab it and off I go. Always been the same be it groceries/electronics/clothes/household items. List/grab/checkout, out the door. Never timed myself, but doubt I ever spent more than 20 minutes in my life.

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut Very well said!

Ladies, this is a well known way that most men prefer to shop.  

In stores, they look at color first, see it, get it, pay, gone.

Anyone that has worked in marketing knows and understands this method, and men's stores are set up for it.

Respected Contributor

My previous response was pre-Covid.  This weekend you couldn't pay me to go into any local store in our coastal community where the hoards have arrived from the sweltering inland to escape to our cooler ocean breeze. 

They get to enjoy the long searches through the small beachy shops, enjoy the restaurants, the ice cream shops, bakeries and grocery stores.  Earlier today we had to travel several miles inland to meet my son to take his dog while they go on vacation, there were so many cars heading  back to the coast that I could not count the string we were in.  May they all stay safe.

I may avoid the grocery store for several days through this heat wave, who knows how long visitors will stay since many aren't working.  Covid is not on my shopping list.