Respected Contributor

Yesterday our temp hit 104 go to bed woken by huge electric storm, thunder, lightning, gale force winds at 2,30 a.m. then ping out goes all the power.  Sweltering hot, raging storm- where’s the flashlight.

Up most of the night - trees down everywhere on main roads.  Today temp again in low 100’s  still no power- hooray after 15 hours we have power restored 30 mins ago.  All is well (I hope).  

Another perfect day ending lol but we have been warned due to heat to expect rolling blackouts but did not expect such a scarey storm.

Respected Contributor

Re: Our Perfect Sunday

[ Edited ]

@dulwich 

AS LONG AS YOU ARE INTACT AND OKAY - that is ALL THAT MATTERS.

Be safe, and out of harms way.

Respected Contributor

Re: Our Perfect Sunday

[ Edited ]

@dulwichThe thunder and lightning was definitely frightening.  We didn't lose power, but our elderly dog was very scared this morning.  I read there were a few small fires down your way from the lightning.  We had one in our area, but it was put out pretty quickly.  Stay safe (and hydrated)!

Honored Contributor

Sat. we lost internet and cable tv due to some idiot cutting thru the ISP's

fiber optic cable. It was out for 8 hrs. No TV or internet. Yikes !

Esteemed Contributor

Thankfully you are safe and survived the storm, but it is just horrible to go without electricity for that long. Hoping you have some calmer and cooler weather.

Honored Contributor
@dulwich. OY! As if living though a pandemic wasn't enough.... I'm glad things are better now, even though rolling blackouts don't sound good.
I wonder sometimes whether you regret your fairly recent move to CA.
Respected Contributor

@Linmo  Did you lose power?

I know ours was due to cables down from falling trees.  The scariest was the wind- I have never heard sound like it - this is what woke me up sounded like a train coming into our bedroom - then realized it was the wind.

Our dogs were o.k. Just very hot and panting.  What a night! but we are all o.k. and still hot!

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness you're all okay and got your power back! 

It's awful when the power goes out and you just don't know when it will come back on.  It's happened 2x so far this summer but it was out only for an hour or so.

The weather was pretty hot & humid last week but today it was cool...in the mid 70s here in southeastern PA.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy to hear you're okay.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@dulwich Glad you are ok.  Those violent storms are so scary...and at night you can't see what is happening, just hear the noise!