Respected Contributor

Thank you for all your kind words.

Just had ‘update’ red flag warning issued for our area to expect more winds/ storms tonight through 11 a.m. tomorrow.  Just hope we keep our power.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Yesterday our temp hit 104 go to bed woken by huge electric storm, thunder, lightning, gale force winds at 2,30 a.m. then ping out goes all the power.  Sweltering hot, raging storm- where’s the flashlight.

Up most of the night - trees down everywhere on main roads.  Today temp again in low 100’s  still no power- hooray after 15 hours we have power restored 30 mins ago.  All is well (I hope).  

Another perfect day ending lol but we have been warned due to heat to expect rolling blackouts but did not expect such a scarey storm.

That sounds horrible, glad your power is back on. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Linmo  Did you lose power?

I know ours was due to cables down from falling trees.  The scariest was the wind- I have never heard sound like it - this is what woke me up sounded like a train coming into our bedroom - then realized it was the wind.

Our dogs were o.k. Just very hot and panting.  What a night! but we are all o.k. and still hot!

@dulwich Fortunately, we didn't lose power.  Our lines were moved underground several years ago.  Prior to that, we had outages every summer.  I had heard that it was going to be a dry lightning storm so was surprised to see that it had rained so much during the night.  Here's hoping that we all sleep better tonight!

Honored Contributor

Here's hoping your power holds, @dulwich --  stay safe!

Honored Contributor

WEll, I'm glad you're ok, and hope that today is better.

Honored Contributor

Hot weather sure brings on bad storms. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our internet and TV were out on Sunday for about 5 hours. I have Comcast/Infinity. At least, I could reach customer service and get my questions answered. I received a credit for one day for the outage. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hate storms like that at night...especially if the electric goes out!

Honored Contributor

That was my perfect Sunday here in East Texas yesterday.  Triple digits for days now (not heat index but temp.s) and that storm last night was horrific sounding.  Did not loose power thank goodness.  Stay safe.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Oooo.   I'm sorry, for those of you who experienced storms and also those without power or other services.   Hoping everyone is okay.   Be safe and well, everyone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova