Super Contributor

Re: How Much Time Could You Spend...........

I have enjoyed reading each of your responses, everyone!

I am not exactly an in and out shopper, but I am limited to about 30 minutes of browsing in one store. My DD takes a very long time to shop! She's 14, and when she wants a pair of jeans, she will try on every single pair in Kohl's that are her size.... and we'll still leave empty-handed! She's so picky! It drives me crazy! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will say this....there's different types of "marathon" shopping.....

A dear friend and I used to love shopping we'd start at 10AM to 9PM (we'd stop for lunch) we had so much fun...Several years ago she passed away from cancer ....😥.......

Now my sis is a different type of marathon shopper--she has a hard time envisioning things whether it's for her home or putting a clothing outfit together....I am the only one that will go shopping with her....She once spent 4 hours (NO EXAGGERATION) trying to decide on a new lamp for her bedroom IN ONE STORE, STARING AT THE SAME LAMPS (this is the reason I'm the only one that shops with her)... I'll give my opinion and then go look at other areas of the store while she's trying to decide....Clothes shopping with her is a nightmare too...SMH! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have always hated going to stores of all kinds.  Just want to get in and out quickly if I absolutely have to go in a store!!!!!  Worse yet is going with others shopping!!!  I always go alone unless I cannot avoid it.  If
I can't I either sit on a bench or go sit in the car to read while others shop for hours!!  Before the internet I did mostly catalog shopping.  I can't imagine wasting my time to go to a store.

Honored Contributor

The most time in craft stores, and the library, at least I could before the virus limit.

Esteemed Contributor

Not much of a shopper now - except I do like to look around at Nebraska Furniture Mart when I have purchases in mind. When I go to Bass Pro with hubs, I'll bring a book, lots of interior places to park. When kids were young and malls were safe and nice, we'd meet friends at the mall and do a little shopping, lunching and strolling. The local mall had an indoor playground. That would be a special day.        

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

At this point in my life - not much.  I go to the grocery store with a list and I'm in and out.  

I haven't beeen in a department store in years.   I think the last time was 2012 - JCP - I was going down to FL to visit a friend and needed a bathing suit!  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

It depends what store it is and also what kind of a mood I'm in.

Sometimes I can spend 45-60-90 minutes just going up and down the aisles looking, other times I rush in and out and get what I want not stopping to look at anything else.

@CelticCrafter 

Same here. 

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

"These days" I'm in/out as quickly as possible.  

In "normal times" (remember those?), I can happily peruse a grocery store or market to great lengths.   

@IamMrsG 

So true. Maybe someday soon we can take our time & peruse again. 🌈

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

It depends what store it is and also what kind of a mood I'm in.

Sometimes I can spend 45-60-90 minutes just going up and down the aisles looking, other times I rush in and out and get what I want not stopping to look at anything else.

Exactly!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Years ago, I did not work and had lots of time to spare. I’d go to favorite stores and window shop through all of my favorite departments. I had a routine! lol I didn’t buy much, if anything, but it was fun. I am not sure how much time I spent in one large store (Macy’s and Dillard’s were two) but I could spend the whole day out.

These days, I don’t go in stores at all. I order online & things are delivered or I pickup. I alway work full time so I love saving time this way. I don’t even spend much time looking around when shopping online these days so I have probably evolved into a marathoner.