Honored Contributor

Re: How Lazy/Tech Obsessed Can Society Be?

600 bucks

somebody would steal it too , probably.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Please bear with me; something I heard  from someone I don't know while shopping.

Second hand information.

Is it true that kids are beginning to grow small 'horns' on the back base of their skull.........one 'horn' on each side.

Because they are always looking down, and their neck muscles are beginning to weaken, so these small 'horns' on each side are growing in order to support the skull.

First time I've heard 'that one'.

Fact or fiction?

@ROMARY 

I heard it from a reputable physician on MSM.  An unusual place to grow them, on the back of the head, but it's fact.  He called them similar to bone spurs and concerned they could eventually become hereditary.  

This doctor has been harping over the years about the dangers of using cellphones and tablets too much.  

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

600 bucks

somebody would steal it too , probably.

Maybe it's programmed to roll on back to it's owner.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I travel alot so this is an EXCELLENT  idea!

~~~ All we need is love Heart

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

Please bear with me; something I heard  from someone I don't know while shopping.

Second hand information.

Is it true that kids are beginning to grow small 'horns' on the back base of their skull.........one 'horn' on each side.

Because they are always looking down, and their neck muscles are beginning to weaken, so these small 'horns' on each side are growing in order to support the skull.

Fact or fiction?

@ROMARY 

I heard it from a reputable physician on MSM.  An unusual place to grow them, on the back of the head, but it's fact.  He called them similar to bone spurs and concerned they could eventually become hereditary.  

This doctor has been harping over the years about the dangers of using cellphones and tablets too much.  

@ROMARY @Foxxee @haddon9 

This is the article I saw in my newsfeed. Some news sources sound bites might be misleading.

'Debunked: The absurd story about smartphones causing kids to sprout horns'

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/06/debunked-the-absurd-story-about-smartphones-causing-kids-to-...

Super Contributor

I think this is a great idea for the disabled. Things are hard enough when you're in a wheel chair.

It bothers me to see grown ups and children with their noses buried in their phones. I remember going grocery shopping or to the mall and talking to all kinds of people I didn't even know. It was fun.. Not any more. People are pushing their cart with one hand and have their phone in the other hand.I've had people run in to me with their carts because they're not paying attention. Even in restaurants when people should be enjoying their family and friends they're looking at their phones. People have built in babysitters. I see children as young as 2 playing games on their parents phones. I guess I'm old school being in my 50's. If I'm with someone or I'm out and about my cell phone is the last thing on my mind. 

I do like the suit case idea. This would work great for my dad who has bad knees and hips. At an airport he needs a wheelchair. It would be hard for him to pull suit cases in a wheelchair.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Second hand information.

Fact or fiction?

It was on the internet- horns from cellphones.   @ROMARY 

Honored Contributor

@blueluna wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

Second hand information.

Fact or fiction?

@ROMARY 

@ROMARY @Foxxee @haddon9 

This is the article I saw in my newsfeed. Some news sources sound bites might be misleading.

'Debunked: The absurd story about smartphones causing kids to sprout horns'

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/06/debunked-the-absurd-story-about-smartphones-causing-kids-to-...

@blueluna 

Thanks for that article.  Interesting. 

I read others, as well, that present studies more clearly...explaining older folks are more likely to have these bone spurs because their posture is often hunched over.  

But, this study showed 18-39 year olds showing an increase by 41% of bone spurs that were not seen before.  The only explanation, so far, is being hunched over using cellphones and tablets.  

Sounds reasonable to me.  But, I think at this point it's inconclusive and more studies are needed.  

I think it says the study in inconclusive, not that bone spurs are not caused by how cellphones are used and they are fake. 

Honored Contributor

I saw the presentation this morning.  It's a cool idea.  I could see it being very helpful for those with that can't or have a hard time pulling luggage.  Since going through a cancer journey, I have a greater appreciation for not being able to do the simplest things.  I may have looked fine and thought to be lazy, but I wasn't feeling fine.

Honored Contributor

I can see this being dearly loved by moms and dads with a couple of small children.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment