Regular Contributor

No hesitation here ~ I would return the bracelets.  I have had instances in my own life, while not as extreme  monetarily, that I have returned merchandise that I was not charged for.  For instance, I once received a diamond necklace valued at $200 (?) from QVC but was charged for the $15 Diamonique necklace I ordered.  The time I was not charged for $50 sneakers and went back in the store to pay for them.  The time my husband and I found a wallet in a store with thousands of dollars inside of it.  I would much rather be able to sleep at night with a clear conscience.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't keep 41 bracelets that I didn't pay for!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Uh...helloooo...I would KEEP THEM!! Are you kidding me??!!  Then I would give them away as gifts and share the love...LOL!!Woman LOL

ETA - At least I was honest to say what I would do, even though I know it's not the right thing to do.

@SilleeMee  If the jewelry store did ask if by chance you received them by mistake...what would you tell them?  That you gave them away....or that you never got them?  

I would tell them the truth...gave them away. @SeaMaiden

@SilleeMee  But you would no doubt be in  deep doo doo for your honesty😉

Regular Contributor

How honest am I? well, at least as much as I have to be, and, I hope, even more than that.

Regular Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I would compare all the bracelets to make sure I chose the one that was most pleasing to my eyes, then I would return them.

A truly honest woman!  Woman Very Happy   good on you! (and I probably would do the same)

Honored Contributor

I would also call the store.  I do not steal.  Plus the man ended up with a bonus gift for his wife with the diamond earrings.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I might play with them all for a day or 2 but I like to sleep well at night.

They would have to go back

I also believe in Karma

I'm just that dumb

I use the grocery pickup at Walmart

The last time I was there for a pickup , the employee starting loading up items I didn't order. My order was in 3 bins, he picked up 4.    The 4th bin had some good stuff too!   

I'm sure if I had let him load it, it would have eventually been all sorted out later but it would have put the employee in a very bad light, for a simple mistake.     He apologized over & over and also thanked me over & over.   He told me I could have kept that stuff & not said a word.

No, it's not the way I operate.    Like another poster mentioned, my integrity is worth more.

Honored Contributor

I would definitely return the bracelets.We received an extra computer once back in the days of the large monitors and called the company three times to ask when they would send ups to pick it up.They always thanked us but they never did send a return form.We kept it but didn’t use it as we always thought one day they might pick it up but in the end after a couple of years we donated it.

New Contributor

I would return them. I believe in karma. You may get away with it for now, but it will catch up with you eventually.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

me too.

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I would compare all the bracelets to make sure I chose the one that was most pleasing to my eyes, then I would return the

@IMW  @deepwaterdotter

Yes, would have a huge giggle, loupe each one, try them all on to see which I thought looked the best, then all but the one I chose would go back to the store.

I have no interest in something that belongs to someone else.  

Ethics are more important to me, as I’m certain they are to many.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras