Respected Contributor

Just heard this story on the radio.  A man bought his wife a tennis (diamond) bracelet for Christmas.  When he opened the box, instead of 1 bracelet, there were 42 (I believe that was the number).  He contacted the jewelry store and said he would return them.  The owner was so grateful, he sent the man a pair of diamond earrings for his wife.  

What would you do???

Respected Contributor

oh I think I would have to do the same ... at least I hope I would ....

glad the store owner gave them the earrings .....

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker

Notify the jewelry store and return the bracelets. 

Respected Contributor

I would do the same.  I only bought one, the rest would be returned.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I would have done what the man did. I couldn’t steal 42 diamond bracelets. That would be a sin squared. It’s nice that he got those earrings. Honesty is the best policy.

Honored Contributor

https://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/olive-branch-mississippi-man-gets-more-than-he-paid-for...

Olive Branch, Mississippi Man Gets More Than He Paid For

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I would definitely contact the store and let them know about the mistake.  It was nice of the jeweler to send the diamond earrings as a thank you. 

Valued Contributor

I'm VERY honest! Just last week I got a cart at a store and the lady that had just returned the cart and was leaving the store had left her wristlet purse in the cart. I caught her and returned it to her. NOT BRAGGING, just the way I was raised. 

Honored Contributor

I would return them. I couldn't live with my guilty conscience if I didn't

Honored Contributor

I would compare all the bracelets to make sure I chose the one that was most pleasing to my eyes, then I would return them.