Valued Contributor

@LurkyLoo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

If the answer is different, it still means you are a thief.  

Too true, @Sooner.. but one or two extras would be a truer test of one's personal honesty than 40-some, which is just crazy. More likely to be traced, once the “mistake” was noted. 

Some may be more tempted to keep an extra bracelet, if they felt they could get away with it, with no consequences, including just embarrassment.. which these days can go global by the media or internet reporting. 

Not to suggest the man in this story would have, or anyone here either- myself included. I couldn’t enjoy it, or give it to someone else in good conscience. 

Exactly @LurkyLoo!

Thank you! You said it better than I did. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@LurkyLoo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Too true, @Sooner.. but one or two extras would be a truer test of one's personal honesty than 40-some, which is just crazy. More likely to be traced, once the “mistake” was noted. 

Some may be more tempted to keep an extra bracelet, if they felt they could get away with it, with no consequences, including just embarrassment.. which these days can go global by the media or internet reporting. 

Not to suggest the man in this story would have, or anyone here either- myself included. I couldn’t enjoy it, or give it to someone else in good conscience. 

Exactly @LurkyLoo!

Thank you! You said it better than I did. Smiley Happy

You're welcome, @spindlegirl.. but I doubt I said it any better. I just rambled on a bit more, as usual. 😜

Valued Contributor

Re: How Honest Are You???

[ Edited ]

@LurkyLoo

Lol! You don't ramble. I enjoy your posts. You're interesting, you write well and you come across as person focused more on other people and not spotlighting yourself ..... humble and modest. I respect and admire that. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@LurkyLoo

Lol! You don't ramble. I enjoy your posts. You're interesting, you write well and you come across as person focused more on other people and not spotlighting yourself ..... humble and modest. I admire that. Smiley Happy

What a kind post, @spindlegirl! ❤️ Made me tear up a bit.

I thank you, most humbly and I likewise enjoy your thought-provoking and kind posts. Have a wonderful evening! 

Honored Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@spindlegirl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@coffee drinker.  Do you really think our posters s are going to admit they'd resell the extras at a profit and make a bunch of money?

Lol!  @Kachina624!

But really I think most posters would report the mistake if only because it's such a BIG error.

I wonder tho if their answer would be different if they received 2 diamond bracelets instead of the 48?

@Sooner

I agree with you ........

but I wondered if in general people would be more likely to report it if the error was a smaller one. Rhetorical of course.

@spindlegirl  You mean are you more likely to steal a little or a lot?  

Honored Contributor

My husband was a jeweler,for  40 years,i can tell you when they realize they are gone ,trouble is in the works for all that work there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Uh...helloooo...I would KEEP THEM!! Are you kidding me??!!  Then I would give them away as gifts and share the love...LOL!!Woman LOL

ETA - At least I was honest to say what I would do, even though I know it's not the right thing to do.

@SilleeMee  If the jewelry store did ask if by chance you received them by mistake...what would you tell them?  That you gave them away....or that you never got them?  

I would tell them the truth...gave them away. @SeaMaiden

Trusted Contributor

This is a no-brainer.  Return them. It would not bother me in the least to do so.  I would not want to profit by someone else's misfortune.  Glad the man returned them.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I am amazed that the store had 42 diamond bracelets IN STOCK.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I am amazed that the store had 42 diamond bracelets IN STOCK.........

It would be funny if their were all CZ's.