Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

Taking oxycodon can lead to addiction. Many have had to go to rehab. What concerns me is what is really happening in her life. Maybe she is confused. I was wondering about her sister. Is she alive or dead?? Too many scenarios and some are questionable.

What is really happening with her son and ex husband. It does take alot of money to raise children. She is concerned about not seeing her son but if she is on heavy medication now much interaction does she have. She shouldn't be driving around with him in the car. Her judgement would be impaired

I agree with another poster something sounds off. We have never met these people and don't know what is true.

@elated

@hsawaknow  has been a long time poster here. She has had several difficult issues to deal with and is doing the best she can at the moment.

Trusted Contributor

We have not been told if there is a formal lease here.

Someone renting a room in a house is considered a lodger / boarder. They can be asked to leave at any time but usually a written notice with some time frame is given. Once the time passes police assistance can be given to the homeowner to remove the person. Eviction is not necessary in this case; the lodger becomes a trepasser.

That would be ugly.

@hsawaknow competition for rentals is fierce in CA and you're in the thick of it. I'm so sorry about your situation. I'm with the posters that think making a move to Colorado may be your best bet. Sending positive thoughts your way that an opening comes through for you. Keep us posted.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Homelessness

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@elated wrote:

Taking oxycodon can lead to addiction. Many have had to go to rehab. What concerns me is what is really happening in her life. Maybe she is confused. I was wondering about her sister. Is she alive or dead?? Too many scenarios and some are questionable.

What is really happening with her son and ex husband. It does take alot of money to raise children. She is concerned about not seeing her son but if she is on heavy medication now much interaction does she have. She shouldn't be driving around with him in the car. Her judgement would be impaired

I agree with another poster something sounds off. We have never met these people and don't know what is true.

@elated

@hsawaknow  has been a long time poster here. She has had several difficult issues to deal with and is doing the best she can at the moment.

Here is one of her posts about coffee:

I love coffee!!!I have a cuisenart that grinds the beans in the pot, so I get fresh ground coffee every day. I have the 12 cup maker and I drink the whole pot with plain coffee mate.

So this makes sense to you about her posts??? I am sorry but I have compassion for people and do not want them to be homeless or hungry. I still say we don't know her or what is really happening. FYI a cuisinart coffee maker that grinds coffee costs over $100.00.  Again, do we really know what is happening.

If you only have $1200.00 per month, you do not spend over $100.00 on a coffeemaker.

Honored Contributor

This thread is sad enough without picking apart the OP's thread. Her coffeepot could be old, a gift to her or bought at a yard sale. It doesn't matter! 

I pray that she's able to get help by the end of next week.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: Homelessness

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated

I love coffee!!!I have a cuisenart that grinds the beans in the pot, so I get fresh ground coffee every day. I have the 12 cup maker and I drink the whole pot with plain coffee mate.

So this makes sense to you about her posts??? I am sorry but I have compassion for people and do not want them to be homeless or hungry. I still say we don't know her or what is really happening. FYI a cuisinart coffee maker that grinds coffee costs over $100.00.  Again, do we really know what is happening.

If you only have $1200.00 per month, you do not spend over $100.00 on a coffeemaker.

@elatedI remember the OP having Whipple Surgery and I pray that she is not in too much pain. She is doing the best that she can considering the very difficult situation she is in.

I also remember her living with her husband while separated. That's probably why she was once able to afford some nice things. She tried so hard but I remember her marriage eventually dissolved and she had to seek shelter on her own. Her children .....she has more than the 11 year old and from her previous posts they have not been supportive.

She has always been very kind here to others in need. That is something I will never forget about her. If she happens to own a Coffee Pot that is expensive it is probably because it was something she was either gifted or perhaps it came from the settlement when she divorced.

I hope and pray that people will be kind to hsawaknow. There but for the grace of God go any of us. This forum is her lifeline.....

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated

@elated

She was married for years before separation. She could have brought it with her from home after separation.

I don't think grilling her is appropriate right now, she has a lot on her plate and having to explain a coffee pot to a doubting stranger should be the least of her worries.

Several of us here do know what she has gone through, I hope those who don't will be kind.

Super Contributor

You do not need a lease to stop an eviction.

The courts today are very reluctant to put anyone on the street.

I attend Families Anonymous meetings due to DD having mental health issues.  There are many parents in the rooms with kids who suffer from drug and alcohol issues.

Most recently when parents try to throw out their kids ... who pay no rent ... the law is being enforced to go through the evication process.  Apparently it was always on the books but never enforced in my state.

I think the legal system is her best way to stay for now.  If she does NOT leave willingly the eviction process can buy her a few months.

Respected Contributor

My heart breaks for you but you do have options.  You obviously cannot live where you do, so move to your sister's if she wants you to.  You are lucky to have her and someone who will take you in.  A lot of us feel we are only a few paychecks from homelessness and would not have anywhere to go if we were.  As far as your son, he is old enough to be able to explain things to.  You would be no good to him in this state of mine and homeless.  Just do what is best for you and you can work out visitation during summers etc.  He is a boy and soon he will be so busy doing his own thing anyway. When my children became teenagers, I lived with them and hardly saw them.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

I wonder why your friends won't help you.Is it because you are in need of much more than they are qualified to give?I am only asking this question to help you think about your situation very clearly so that you can seek whatever help you need.I am sorry if I sound harsh but I don't know you well and from what you posted I thought that you could have more than financial problems...seek all of the help you need to get back on your feet.I am praying for you.