New Contributor

@ALRATIBA

coffeenut wrote:  It does not bother me one bit.  People are free to spend their money any way they want too. It would be like me going down to the Mercedes Benz dealership and shouting at people they are wasting their money when they can buy a Hyundai instead.  It's none of my business. 

Ketra Wrote: Comparing a top of the line luxury car to an economy car is a poor analogy for ham pricing. Just becauses the ham is sold by Martha Stewart doesn’t make it a quality ham. You can buy an organic bone in ham for $68.00 that doesn’t have all the chemicals she includes in hers under “natural ingredients”.  The FDA allows MSG, nitrates, just about anything under that umbrella term now. For further proof regarding the quality of her meats & poultry, the turkeys she sold at Christmas got terrible reviews, and many said it spoiled their holiday dinner. 
   Martha makes some nice clothes, but to assume any product that has her name on it is a quality item would be a mistake. She makes everything from pressure washers to linens so it’s going to be hit and miss.

Respected Contributor

@151949

I use Wall Street Journal, Barrons, and Business channels for my information. Updates daily (Barrons is weekly).

Yes, isnt is unfortunate that the poor have to beg for hygiene items, esp. at food pantries.

Yes, I do assist at a local ministry w/my BFF in organizing the pantry; I am aware of what is so badly needed.

ABC television wouldnt get a minute of my valuable time, and I have written the PTB to tell them why.

Frequent Contributor

I'm in total agreement with your professor, Ronnyray! I went online yesterday to check out an Isaac cardigan I purchased (at regular price) for approx. $79 last fall. I was interested in picking up an additional color and discovered the price had risen about $9 on the same doggone sweater.  Shipping costs seem to have gone up across the board.  I've been with the Q for more than 30 years (since they were known as CVN). It's past mid-March and so far this year, I've purchased one item (under $30).  I'm so put off by the high prices, I don't even feel like I'm browsing on the same site! Sorry, Q. I'm losing interest fast. This company must have experienced big changes in the upper eschelon, as the former pricing structure has been tossed out. It's just not fun (nor practical) for me to shop with QVC, anymore.