Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

He was a former presidential candidate and highly respected. So sorry to hear about his death.

He was an American business executive and syndicated columnist. He grew up in Georgia and graduated from Morehouse College with a bachelor's degree in mathematics, graduated from Purdue College with a master's degree in computer science, and also was in the Navy full time.

He joined the Pillsbury company where he later became vice president. During the 80's, his success as a business executive at Burger King prompted Pillsbury to appointment as Chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza.

He was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch and also went on to be chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. In 1995, he was appointed to the Kemp Commission, and in 1996 he served as a senior economic adviser to Bob Dole's presidential campaign. He was also President and CEO of the National Restaurant Association.

In May 2011 he announced his presidential candidacy. He proposed the 9-9-9 tax plan and became a serious contender. But in November of that year, his campaign faced allegations of sexual misconduct, denied by Cain, and he suspended his bid for president the following month. But he remained heavily involved in politics.

HermanCain.jpg

He also dealt with stage 4 colon cancer

Respected Contributor

I don't think that is the true intention of the comment or the initial post. I think it was to shame a dead man. I don't understand why some people think that's cool. 

Because of his carelessness...disdain...? that he may have infected other people. That's why people are being critical of him. I am too. His death shold be a lesson to us all.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@EatWellgetting political will get this thread deleted. Is that what you want?

I don't think that is the true intention of the comment or the initial post. I think it was to shame a dead man. I don't understand why some people think that's cool. 

@Lali1   The only back-door political comments are those about the lack of wearing a mask at a particular convention. 

I see those have not been pointed out.

Yes, that is rude and disrespectful to start up about his lack of a mask.

Some cannot help themselves-under the pretense of caring and lesson-learning for the unwashed masses, I guarantee his attendance and views were the reason.

May Mr. Cain RIP.  He has loved ones who will miss him and that is all that matters.

I hope only those posts are removed and the tribute to Mr. Cain remains.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

Passed.  Covid 19.

"Passed" what?

Just  a suggestion, but you may want to pay attention to context clues.  The posts between my original post and your post contain context clues.  Here is a definition of context clues:  Context Clues are hints that the author gives to help define a difficult or unusual word. The clue may appear within the same sentence as the word to which it refers, or it may follow in a preceding sentence.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

Passed.  Covid 19.

"Passed" what?

Passed aka Died.

Thanks. It sounds so odd to me, especially when it is a stand-alone word. When someone dies, they died. 

You never heard the term "passed away" ????

Saying that someone has passed, is just the shortened version of that.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry for his family. 

May they find comfort in their grief.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I think he was a nice man and I liked to see him on t.v.

Respected Contributor

Re: Herman Cain

[ Edited ]

He often gave me a good chuckle.  I'll never forget his "Nine Nine Nine" although he never would have had my vote.  I'm sorry he made some deadly decisions that caught him and I wonder why he thought he was immune when science should have told him otherwise with his own known health history.  But that is neither here nor there now, he is gone and the dead cannot be shamed.  I am embarrassed for people intent on denying or ignoring why he is dead.  It is that continuance that makes this all worse and if he could speak now, I think he might sing a different tune.  He did enjoy singing, too, didn't he.  Very sad that he gambled and lost.

Honored Contributor

Wonder if some posters would say these things if it was a friend or family member of theirs. 

Honored Contributor
This thread is not the time or place to diss Mr. Cain. I can just imagine the clamor if some comments of that ilk were being made on the other memorial thread. ☹