Honored Contributor

May he rest in peace.

How tragic to have succumbed to this dreaded disease.  

Condolences to his family and friends.

Trusted Contributor

RIP Herman.  A truly good person who will be missed.

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

Surprised and very sorry to read of his passing.  I liked him and respected him as someone who never gave up.  Condolences to his family.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@EatWellgetting political will get this thread deleted. Is that what you want?

I don't think that is the true intention of the comment or the initial post. I think it was to shame a dead man. I don't understand why some people think that's cool. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Herman Cain

[ Edited ]

Was sad to read this news early this morning. I have followed much of his career starting with Godfathers Pizza. The company was founded in our City and I kept up with it as it grew.

Mr. Cain was a down to earth man and that is one thing I liked about him. He was my man during his Presidential run and I thought he did well in the debates.

My condolences to his family and his circle of close friends. I feel his loss almost like I knew him personally. I for one will miss seeming and hearing him on some media outlets.

Rest in Peace Herman, you will be missed by many of your followers. ♥️

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Reports I’ve read say it’s unconfirmed how he got the virus. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
@Lali1, well you are waaaay off base with how you read my post.
It's always interesting, albeit dismaying, how posters read things into posts that aren't there. Oh well people are certainly entitled to be wrong.
Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

When, how,  and where did Mr. Cain get infected with the deadly Covid-19 virus?

So afraid there will be over a half million Americans dead from the virus by years end.   ☠️

Stay safe. Stay home.”

Not everyone can do that

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes they can.

If millions of us "peon" Americans can, the upper crust can too. If they don't, the inevitable happens. I don't understand all this fawning over famous people who fail to protect themselves (and others) from the virus, and then get a funeral fit for a king.

What about the people they possibly infected? Oh--the rest of us aren't famous so we don't count.

Respected Contributor

Re: Herman Cain

[ Edited ]

Herman Cain embodied the American Dream and represented the very best of the American spirit.

Ellen Carmichael, the former communications director for Cain's presidential campaign, spoke out. "I’m very saddened to learn of the passing of my former boss, Herman Cain."

"His American Dream story is one for the history books. Overcame absolute destitution, genuine discrimination, stage IV cancer and so much hardship in between. Rose up the ranks of America's biggest corporations, advised presidential campaigns, chaired a Federal Reserve bank... After successfully completing college as a 'Morehouse Man,' a distinction he proudly carried with him his whole life, he became a rocket scientist for the Dept. of the Navy. Quite literally a rocket scientist. I guess that degree in math and physics helped."

He was a class act. HeartRIP HeartLove and prayers to his family.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Lali1, well you are waaaay off base with how you read my post.
It's always interesting, albeit dismaying, how posters read things into posts that aren't there. Oh well people are certainly entitled to be wrong.

I didn't mean your post I meant the one you responded to.