Trusted Contributor

Passed.  Covid 19.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because baiting

Honored Contributor

Never heard of him.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Herman Cain

[ Edited ]

@Alice-QVC why did you delete my innocent post?  We are fans of Mr. Cain..  

If those of us that supported Mr Cain can't post about his passing, please delete other political threads- how unfair.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear of his passing. May he RIP.

Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

She deleted mine. The op's comment did not even say anything about the man. 

Esteemed Contributor

Very sad.  Another good man gone, at a time when we need more...not fewer.

May he RIP.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Herman Cain

[ Edited ]

He was a former presidential candidate and highly respected. So sorry to hear about his death.

He was an American business executive and syndicated columnist. He grew up in Georgia and graduated from Morehouse College with a bachelor's degree in mathematics, graduated from Purdue College with a master's degree in computer science, and also was in the Navy full time.

He joined the Pillsbury company where he later became vice president. During the 80's, his success as a business executive at Burger King prompted Pillsbury to appointment as Chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza.

He was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch and also went on to be chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. In 1995, he was appointed to the Kemp Commission, and in 1996 he served as a senior economic adviser to Bob Dole's presidential campaign. He was also President and CEO of the National Restaurant Association.

In May 2011 he announced his presidential candidacy. He proposed the 9-9-9 tax plan and became a serious contender. But in November of that year, his campaign faced allegations of sexual misconduct, denied by Cain, and he suspended his bid for president the following month. But he remained heavily involved in politics.

HermanCain.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thank you for alerting us, @JillyMarie .  Oh, I am so terribly sorry-- I didn't even know he was ill.  I enjoyed his spunk, and the grit that it took for him to achieve the way he did.  An American success story, not without trial and difficulty, but he persevered.

Condolences to his family.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

She deleted mine. The op's comment did not even say anything about the man. 

Then I will.  He had a master's degree in computer science from Purdue University and was an executive with Burger King and Godfathers' Pizza..