Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here We Go Again - Hurricane Prep.

The Governor was on the 6 o'clock news and told the people living coastal to evacuate....starting NOW.  If your shutters are not up, you would have to leave without putting them up.  Never too early.  

What is 5 days of burning lights compared to saving your property??????????????????

Honored Contributor

I have friends and family in all the areas. Please listen to what they tell you and leave, if needed.  Your well being is more important than your home, shutters up or down, or anything else. Grab your pets, clothes, meds. and phones.  Homes can rebuilt, lives can't.

Blessings and prayers to all! 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I'm not in the path-- this time!

Prayers to everyone on the east coast.

And it just dawned on me, don't want to order anything that might be shipping through the impact area.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can not imagine having to worry about hurricanes year after year. I could not deal with it.

Every part of the country has something negative, weather, earthquakes.

What you can't deal with is not what others can't deal with.

Honored Contributor

I want to add my prayers and support to this thread, too.  All of you, and your loved ones, who are in the path of this storm are in my prayers and in my heart.   I hope all of you find safe refuge and will check in with us when you can safely do so.   Please heed all warnings and take very good care.   We're with you in spirit, and would scoop you up and welcome you in our homes if we could.   (((hugs)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

It's HUGE! omg

Size comparision:

Dm0ZyHHVsAEBgPI.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

I'm about 50 miles south of DC and we probably won't get hurricane winds, etc but it's been raining on and off since last night.  About two hours ago it began again and this time no signs of letting up.  Streets look like little streams!  For those ending up in its path, stay safe!

The driving must be getting difficult.  Are you anywhere near the south riding area?  I worry about hydroplaning.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

This morning Animal Control announced free adoptions, to try to get the animals in a safer environment.

They're also begging for fosters.

Poor babies, I can't imagine being scared and alone in a cage during something like this.

@KingstonsMom,    The shelters in our area are participating in evacuating animals from East Coast shelters.   It's heartwarming to know so many are looking for practical ways to make a difference.   I can't help but think of the dear animals out in the weather, though, and how they'll make it through the storms on their own.  Hard to think about.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

This morning Animal Control announced free adoptions, to try to get the animals in a safer environment.

They're also begging for fosters.

Poor babies, I can't imagine being scared and alone in a cage during something like this.

@KingstonsMom,    The shelters in our area are participating in evacuating animals from East Coast shelters.   It's heartwarming to know so many are looking for practical ways to make a difference.   I can't help but think of the dear animals out in the weather, though, and how they'll make it through the storms on their own.  Hard to think about.

@dooBdoo  Animals have great instinct when it comes to danger.  Wild animals will survive better than pets left behind or strays abandoned earlier in time.  It's sad but I will bet on the intelligence of animals before humans.  It's true.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Cakers3! ❤️