Honored Contributor

Re: Here We Go Again - Hurricane Prep.

@KingstonsMom wrote:

This morning Animal Control announced free adoptions, to try to get the animals in a safer environment.

They're also begging for fosters.

Poor babies, I can't imagine being scared and alone in a cage during something like this.

I feel more for the wild animals that are out trying to survive thru the storm outside.

Honored Contributor

Stay safe @KingstonsMom and everyone in the path of this storm.  

Honored Contributor

here is something from Twitter (not me) ...but it is very basic:

CABC75C2-6EC2-4052-AC51-8BAF9AC179B9.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

here is something from Twitter (not me) ...but it is very basic:

CABC75C2-6EC2-4052-AC51-8BAF9AC179B9.jpeg

@LTT1  And have cash.  Small bills and coins. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

We've already discussed our hurricane prep plans. They are very simple. One sentance -Put up the hurricane shutters & get the heck outta here!

@151949  Glad you changed your mind that it is never too early to put up shutters.

Honored Contributor

Also a manual can opener.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

We've already discussed our hurricane prep plans. They are very simple. One sentance -Put up the hurricane shutters & get the heck outta here!

@151949  Glad you changed your mind that it is never too early to put up shutters.

Our hurricane shutters are corrigated steel. I would not put them up til the last possible day because once up there would be NO light in our house, they completely block all the windows and sliding doors. I know some people get fiberglass ones so they do get some minimal light in, but we were told by our insurance carrier to only use the steel ones.We are currently not in the path of any upcoming storms.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Our hurricane shutters are corrigated steel. I would not put them up til the last possible day because once up there would be NO light in our house, they completely block all the windows and sliding doors. I know some people get fiberglass ones so they do get some minimal light in, but we were told by our insurance carrier to only use the steel ones.We are currently not in the path of any upcoming storms.

@151949  I'm referring to the Hurricane Florence thread where a poster was putting up shutters.  You indicated that it was too early.  You are talking FLorida; this poster is in the path of THIS hurricane.  In fact,a mod removed your post as innappropriate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was referring to putting up shutters 5 days before the storm is going to get to you. I'd certainly not want to live in total blackout for 5 days + however many days the storm is in your area before you can take them down - probably 2 days - 7 days in total blackout and lack of ability to see outside would be just miserable to my way of seeing it. Just making things worse than they have to be.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949- If it was me you were referring to regarding the shutters, it was an appropriate time for US to put them up along with everything else that had to be done. As we are leaving on Tuesday, I don't think it much matters if the house is darker than normal. .

It is YOUR choice when you put your shutters up and if you choose to do it a day or so before that is up to YOU. 

Although having that major thing accomplished makes everything else fall into place. To each his own. Riley1