Honored Contributor

Re: Helpful Bra Sizing Tips That I Discovered

@Mz iMac wrote:

My experience has been different.

I am a proud member of the itty bitty club.  Haven't worn a bra since 1968.  Then last year the "twins" decided to take a trip south & never returned "home." 

I discovered a bra speciality shop near my home & went there to get fitted since I had no clue what size bra I wore.

I discovered what worked for me regarding fit & comfort were bras that snapped in the front & no underwire.  I had cleavage!!!!

The twins returned home.  I can wear any brand as long as the bra snapped in the front.  I perfer the boyfriend bras because they make feel I am not wearing a bra.  Perfection when it comes to comfort & perkyness for us itty bitty club members.

I am 65 (66 next week) yrs young.

So you never wore a bra to work or out in public? 

I take it off as soon as I get home. I can't stand them.

Honored Contributor

How do you choose a bra for breasts that have no fullness left?I can get implants but that is about the only option that I can see.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting this information.  I have ordered and then returned 3 different bras in the last few months.  I think I really need to go to a bra specialty shop to get fitted.  The one bra I have left is so old and stretched out with no support at all. 

Respected Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@Yardlie Thanks for the info and tips.  I have yet to find a really comfortable bra.  I've been fitted and I've spent a lot.  Some are more comfortable than others, but I can't say ANY of them are really comfortable.  (I'm a 40 DD.)  It's the first thing I take off when I get home.

Me too!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I am a proud member of the itty bitty club.  Haven't worn a bra since 1968.  Then last year the "twins" decided to take a trip south & never returned "home." 

I discovered a bra speciality shop near my home & went there to get fitted since I had no clue what size bra I wore.

I discovered what worked for me regarding fit & comfort were bras that snapped in the front & no underwire.  I had cleavage!!!!

The twins returned home.  I can wear any brand as long as the bra snapped in the front.  I perfer the boyfriend bras because they make feel I am not wearing a bra.  Perfection when it comes to comfort & perkyness for us itty bitty club members.

So you never wore a bra to work or out in public? 

I take it off as soon as I get home. I can't stand them.

NOPE!

Wore camisoles.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

How do you choose a bra for breasts that have no fullness left?I can get implants but that is about the only option that I can see.

@dex

I don't believe so.  I remember years ago Tina Turna stated on 60 Minutes that she never got breast implants.  She had them placed back to where they belongs.  When the interviewer asked what she meant, Tina stated that she had no fullness causing her breasts to look like sag saddles.

However, I don't remember her saying what the doctor did to make them full again w/o implants.

Perhaps you should ask a plastic surgeon about "alternatives."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I hate bras and only wear them when I go out in public. I just deal with the saggy, 65 year old ones I was born with. Smiley Sad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Thanks for posting. The last thing I ever have to worry about is finding a DDD or F bra.   I don't wear bras either unless I'm going to work and 'need' to for see thru or headlight issues.  I'm going to try what you found.  Back when I did wear them, I always wore the snap in front ones.

Esteemed Contributor

When I come back next time, I've already put my order in for the itty bitty club! 34 or 36 DDD, skinny everywhere else. Go figure. Guys have asked me on the golf course how I golf with them, lol, I think they're fishing to find out if I've had them forever, I have. I like Wacoal, some Bali, but 99% of the time I wear an Ahh Bra over my regular bra to minimize. I am the same age as @catwhisperer and @Mz iMac, and am waiting for them to lose some density (no children). 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack....I would say your golf club dudes are very rude. Typical guy comments. Sheesh.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.