Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624

Hhi kachina,

She says she is not responsible because it says delivered to parcel locker, however, it wasn't delivered to me.  I don't know if she is mistaken with the rules or what.  This is the first time this has happened to me.  Makes me wonder if I should stop shopping on ebay.

Thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help with ebay

[ Edited ]

@Pitzel This is why I advised you to get proof from your post office that the bag was not actually delivered to you. Your post office needs to help you to find the bag or to open a claim. They know you didn't get the bag. 

The seller doesn't know if you are being honest or not. Many buyers (and sellers) pull scams on eBay. What the seller says may be correct; as long as the tracking shows 'delivered' she can't open a claim.

Therefore, what I would do ASAP is to go in person to my post office and explain that since the tracking shows 'delivered', the seller can't open a claim. They should know a way to correctly adjust the tracking or to work with the seller to open a claim. Since I'm very firm with my post office and I don't complain unless something is wrong, they work with me to resolve the issue.

By now, I would of spoken to a supervisor and had that person on the case. It was their mistake. There is no way I would be out any money due to USPS losing my package. I give them a hard time when they make mistakes either with my mail or with the pick ups of my eBay packages. Trust me. They've come to my house a few times to look for packages or to pick them up when they've made mistakes. If you are not firm, they will not care either. That's a lot of money to lose. 

~Live with Intention~
Frequent Contributor

@NycVixen

I'm going tomorrow and will take your advice.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Pitzel  You're welcome. Remember to be firm and to have the attitude that there is no way you are losing your money. Write down the name of the supervisor. 

Be proactive and be ready to offer suggestions on how the problem can be resolved. For example, "I need to prove to the seller and eBay that I did not get the package. How can this be done even though the tracking states it was delivered? Can the tracking be updated? How can this issue be resolved? I can't lose $153.00 when USPS lost my package".  

Give them your name and contact info and ask them how long it should take for you to hear back. This works to help them see that you will be on their case. They will know to take more care with your parcels from now and going forward. 

In 2013, I believe I ordered a sample set from Tatcha that mysteriously went missing. The tracking showed the package just fell off the map. Well, I gave my post office a hard time about it. It never stated it was delivered. Tatcha replaced it. It turns out, Tatcha uses really elaborate purple tape with gold so it seems someone at USPS took it. A week or so after I got the replacement, somehow the original order appeared in my mailbox sealed up with packing tape. At this time, you have no idea if someone at USPS took your purse. I would walk in there upset and frustrated so that they take you seriously.

Be polite but be firm and demand that they solve the problem they created!!!

Good luck.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pitzel wrote:

I recently ordered a purse and never received it.  The tracking says delivered to parcel locker 1 day ago.  For anyone that doesn't know what a parcel locker is, I have a p.o. box at the post office.  When a package is too big for the box, the clerk will put the package in a parcel locker and put the key to the parcel locker in my p.o. box.  Well, I never received the key.  

When I went to the post office today, they couldn't find my package.  They checked all the parcel lockers and surrounding p.o. boxes and nothing.  The supervisor told me he will check with the clerk tomorrow and get back to me.  He said to let the vendor know and to put a claim in.  The package was insured for $100.00, but not the full $153.00 that I paid for the purse.  The supervisor also said the clerk made a mistake because she didn't log the package into the log in sheet.  So she didn't do protocol.

My question is, did I just lose my money?  The $53.00 that wasn't insured?  The seller is not being helpful at all.  Will ebay consider this NOT my fault and reimburse me, even though the tracking says delivered?

HELP PLEASE!

If you paid via PayPal you're golden. Anything I've contested, I've been reimbursed for. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

The seller is technically correct. The tracking shows delivery, and neither eBay nor PayPal should accept a claim, unfortunately for you.

The package was also scanned as delivered by USPS, BUT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOU, and THEIR RECORDS SHOW THAT. You know from the scan when the package was supposed to have been given to the local PO, where it should have been put in a locker and then a key to the locker put in your PO box. From what you said, all that info should have been LOGGED IN and WAS NOT. I'd be putting the focus on the last person in the chain of custody, the woman who failed to follow procedure and log the package in. It disappeared IN HER CUSTODY, from the PO's own records. I'd be hammering that home with the PO supervisor.

Then I'd try to get the PO to have the "delivered" scan reversed, so the package is marked as undelivered and stays that way unless and until the PO coughs it up. (Yes, this can be done.) Better yet if you can get them to declare it lost so it's not in limbo. THEN you can go to the seller, eBay, or PayPal and request reimbursement.

Sellers on the eBay boards have been saying it for years: Insurance is for the benefit of sellers, NOT the buyers. The sellers are on the hook until they have proof of delivery (which is why getting the scan to say undelivered is so important). If the seller failed to fully insure, SHE is on the hook for the uncovered $53, not you.

JMO, but I've been through a number of sticky wickets with the PO, both as buyer and seller, and find persistence and clarity of objective are vital to favorable resolution.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you used PayPal to make your purchase then Paypal will refund you the money if you don't recieve the goods.

@Pitzel

You need to file a claim with them. I do not buy anything from ebay, but I do use Paypal.

Respected Contributor

@PitzelI've been an eBay seller for 18 years and a buyer for longer.  If you paid with a credit card, the easiest thing to do is to file a dispute though your credit card.  If it has been scanned as delivered by the post office, they will not help you and you will have a hard time winning the case through eBay or PayPal.   Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Pitzel wrote:

@Kachina624

Hhi kachina,

She says she is not responsible because it says delivered to parcel locker, however, it wasn't delivered to me.  I don't know if she is mistaken with the rules or what.  This is the first time this has happened to me.  Makes me wonder if I should stop shopping on ebay.

Thanks for your help.

@Pitzel  Your seller is covering herself, hoping you'll go away.   Go ahead and file your complaint with eBay and ignore what she says.   I imagine she'll be asked to file a claim and we'll see who signed for the package.   We all know only too well that packages get misdelivered to the wrong person all the time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If tracking shows it was delivered, the seller is not at fault. The problem is with the post office.