Honored Contributor

I was reading something very helpful here re: service reps on the phone who have such heavy accents you can't understand them-it said all you have to do is ask for ???? I didn't write it down but it was given by someone from the Dell organization. The thread may have been too tender for the moderators 'cause I can't find it anymore. So if anyone knows the answer, please post quickly before they poof it. Thnx

Honored Contributor

Re: Help, I lost the thread!

800-624-9896
TECHNICAL SUPPORT For Dell.

Also Google get human for further assistance 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is possible that this is the thread you were reading?

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Problem-with-American-Express-Need-Help/m-p/2704855/highli...

If not, try entering heavy accent in the “search forums & blogs” to see if you can find it.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

The thread was poofed.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Re: Help, I lost the thread!

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarpleHey Jane, thanks. Do you remember who to ask for? (have you solved any cases lately-I just watched Murder Ahoy, LOL)

Thank you all anyway.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: Help, I lost the thread!

@Judaline wrote:

@JaneMarpleHey Jane, thanks. Do you remember who to ask for? (have you solved any cases lately-I just watched Murder Ahoy, LOL)

Thank you all anyway.

@Judaline

It said to ask for "a stateside representative". HTH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Yes! That was it! Thank you so much. I am writing it down as soon as I post this. 

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Trusted Contributor

Keep in mind that this may not work, and in most cases, companies do not have a way to route calls back to specific calls centers or specific countries.

Many companies operate with a virtualized call center environment -- with call center agents in multiple states and countries (some working in call centers, others working from home).  These companies use a phone switch and VOIP to route calls to the next available agent, and while the agent may be able to transfer you back into the call qeueue, there is no way to route your call to a specific site (unless the company has set up a way to do this).

It has been my experience (having worked in call center operations -- in luding monitoring calls from customers who had complained about the phone reps) as well as being on the customer end of the line, tht many people complaining about the accents are those who refuse to calm down and listen to what the agent is saying.