Respected Contributor

Re: Heard/Depp Saga continued..........

Considering I've 'been with' 20 year olds and 50 year olds, the 20 years olds are just fine...at least for a brief period of time.

50 year ols are more fun to talk to.

Honored Contributor

Are you serious....lol   She didn't get the support and outrage she thought she would get.  It's apparent that she was setting him up for quite some time and she just assumed that her allegations would be enough, she didn't need any real proof like medical documents and police reports.  And then there was the matter of why would she stay with, why marry for that matter.  And the timing.  It just didn't ring true.  Also those early pictures of her laughing it up with her girl posse and then days later acting all weep and "victim like".   I think it was such a farce that Depp had no reason to give her a big settlement to make it go away.  And there was the possibility of defamation suit by Depp. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Are you serious....lol   She didn't get the support and outrage she thought she would get.  It's apparent that she was setting him up for quite some time and she just assumed that her allegations would be enough, she didn't need any real proof like medical documents and police reports.  And then there was the matter of why would she stay with, why marry for that matter.  And the timing.  It just didn't ring true.  Also those early pictures of her laughing it up with her girl posse and then days later acting all weep and "victim like".   I think it was such a farce that Depp had no reason to give her a big settlement to make it go away.  And there was the possibility of defamation suit by Depp. 

Yes, remember Camille Grammer and her Greek boyfriend? She alledged that he'd abused her some time ago ~ he turned around and sued her for defamation of character!

They're still in court over it!

Honored Contributor

If...if she did this fraudulently...she should go to jail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

What bothers me is......so many posters were saying 'Why would a 20something want to be with a 50 years old man?'

Are you kidding???  50 year old men are just as good if not better as 20something year old men.

If they're not, then that's a crying shame!

Most people tend to want to date people closer to their own age. It's not a slam against older people. I preferred 20-year-olds when I was 20.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

What bothers me is......so many posters were saying 'Why would a 20something want to be with a 50 years old man?'

Are you kidding???  50 year old men are just as good if not better as 20something year old men.

If they're not, then that's a crying shame!

When I was in my 20s I had zero interest in men that were 30 years older than I was. There are definite drawbacks to men that are that much older than you. Some of them should be obvious. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These issues are often dropped and settled out of court by famous people to avoid more negative media attention, so I dont put too much thought on this decision.

I have been on Johnnys side more (because he is the calmest laid back person I ever saw interviewed in my life, so its hard to believe he did what she said!). However, we will never know the real truth, so why speculate? Its their business and hopefully they have learned a lesson and will both move on.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles