Valued Contributor

Hi @Noel7 - Ya know, I went to school way over on the other side of the state, and I've run into this woman a few times.  I don't even run into people in my own town!  Maybe it's cosmic?  Thinking FaceWhite Smiling FaceAnyway, thank you for the suggestion!

Trusted Contributor

To those experiencing these issues, I recommend the book, "The Seat Of the Soul" by Gary Zukav.  This book works well with all faiths, and provides brilliant direction in finding peace when it comes to holding on to anger, grudges, regrets, etc.  

Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@AliJoi5  @chickenbutt

Hey,

Glad you found one another!

If it bothers you I think you should make an effort.  Since you are already avoiding your former teacher and her hubby, seems things can only get better.

Yep, it would bother me too.

As the lady said, I chew a problem to death and when all the flavor is gone I stick it in my hair.

I've never heard that expression before @Drythe!  Hysterical!!  And also very fitting.  Good to know I'm not the only one!!   Upside-Down Face

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, I would find an address for her if possible and drop a note and say it just as you said in your blog here. If she doesn't appreciate your reaching out, then you are the bigger person for sure.

I remember when I was in 8th grade (I'm 70  now) we always had to go to our lockers between classes and pick up what book we needed for the upcoming class. As class was about to begin, I looked under my chair and my book was no where to be found. I was looking all over for it which caught the attention of my teacher. She made every student stand up and say whether or not they hid my book. When no one fessed up, she marched me down to my locker and there was my book. This was not intentional on my part, but she shamed me so badly for taking up class time, made me stand in front of the class and apologize. I was bawling my eyes out. I was so very, very shy at that age and could never have done something like that purposefully, but ~ yeah ~ it bothers me still. Sniff ~~

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

No. 

Welp, thanks for stopping by!  Face Savouring Delicious Food

Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that @QVCkitty1!  Maybe time will heal this situation.  Hugs to you!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion @PeterDM!  I imagine a book like that could be useful to most anyone. Thumbs Up Sign

Respected Contributor

hmm. I honestly don't think I would bring it up. She can see you are a productive, nice person now. You were a teen and awkward moments happens. Quit beating yourself up.

Valued Contributor

Aww @pattypeep, I could almost picture your adorable little school girl self in that predicament as I read your post.  Who on earth would find it an amusing jape to pretend one's book was stolen?  What an awful witch.  Hugs!

Honored Contributor

IMO I wouldn't write a letter. It could cause more of a mess. In your heart you know you are not that type of person. I would move on. We can't go back and fix everything.