QVC Customer Care

Re: Have you ever know anyone obscessed with food?

Honored Contributor

I would try to get him to a Dr. He might be an emotional eater. I think Crystaltree gave you the best advice

Respected Contributor

He is on a bucket full of meds. He is on severals shots of insulin, and several meds for diabetes.  His docter referred him to a place to see films about bariactric surgery and he walked out and would not discuss it.  When he was younger had a job in the military and had to maintain a certain weight and he went to a gym so he would  be able to eat more. Now being retired he has thrown all self control out the window.  He has gone to nutritionists and they have talked to him and it goes in one ear and out the other.  I really think he thinks he is normal and the fat and diabetes is not his fault.  We were at a dinner/dance and he asked me to dance and I could barely reach him over his big stomach. Never danced again. I know no one can help me with this and no one can help him because he refuses to believe the weight has anything to do with anything even the fact he cant hardly bend over and pick up something off the floor.  He hears what he wants to hear and doess what he wants to do.  I wish I was in a financial position to leave. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for you. It sounds like he won't help himself. Diabetes is hard  I am type 2, there is no cure, its something you have to manage each day

At least you can come here and vent a bit

Super Contributor

Triniity11, did sugar cause your heart attack? I'm addicted too. How did you quit?

Respected Contributor

@chiclet....

My heart goes out to you. 

The holidays make things even more difficult for people like our DH's with tempting food everywhere you turn.

hugs to you.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for further commenting...