Honored Contributor

Have you ever been to a premier jewelry party

If so what did you think of the stuff? I dislike parties like this, but I got an invite, and don't want to hurt the persons feelings, giving the party.

I find this sort of thing is usually, way over priced, and under whelming

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever been to a premier jewelry party

I've been to a jewelry party, not sure the brand, though.  Your description couldn't be more fitting.  I'll not accept another invitation. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I have sworn off going to home parties for anything. I always feel as though I have to buy something and I never really want to purchase the overpriced items.  Now I just say "No thank you."

Super Contributor

My youngest daughter hosted a party ... yes, the jewelry is expensive, but it is lovely jewelry and I believe it has a lifetime guarantee ... I no longer wear much jewelry but felt I should buy something ... I bought a sterling silver wide band ring which cost me about $50 ...

For hosting the party, my daughter made out like a bandit ... she received a percentage of the total sales towards her own purchase, was given 50% off of her own purchases, and several gifts for hosting the party ...

What surprised me was there were over a dozen people there, and all of them spent well over $100 each, except me ... they all loved it ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

My youngest daughter hosted a party ... yes, the jewelry is expensive, but it is lovely jewelry and I believe it has a lifetime guarantee ... I no longer wear much jewelry but felt I should buy something ... I bought a sterling silver wide band ring which cost me about $50 ...

For hosting the party, my daughter made out like a bandit ... she received a percentage of the total sales towards her own purchase, was given 50% off of her own purchases, and several gifts for hosting the party ...

What surprised me was there were over a dozen people there, and all of them spent well over $100 each, except me ... they all loved it ...

It makes me wonder about the markup, and the actual value of the jewelry. I have so much stuff now, I am looking to get away buying ,the least expensive item I can find

Honored Contributor

I haven't attended a party, but I have ordered from a catalogue (my sister works with a girl who sells it).  The pieces I ordered are very well made. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Before I retired, I purchased a very pretty pair of earrings from the Premier catalog to help out a friend who had a party. I like this jewelry a lot more than Sabika.
Trusted Contributor

Beleive it or not, I JUST got home from one. It was more social than anything. Lots of jewlery-something for everyone. It wasn't as over priced as the stuff at other home parties. Many of the necklaces could be worn in different ways. I bought a necklace and a bracelet. The hostess went thru a lot of trouble and expense for food/drink. The previous customers had high praises for the Premier brand.

Esteemed Contributor

I made "the round" of some a few years ago. Agree with all who said the pieces are nice and not overpriced. SO much better than Lia Sophia IMO. One of my favorite rings is from Premiere. It's really Premiere Design isn't it? That is the one I'm familiar with. Go! You'll have fun. Will you need a gift in the near future? Look at it from that point of view.
Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was in an unfortunate loop for awhile where several of my girlfriends were throwing these parties. I always feel that I have to purchase at least one piece when a friend is hosting a party.

I have several pieces from over the years and I have to admit that they  do last.  Premiere also offers a lifetime warranty, and I have had to exchange two pieces in the past with no hassle.

The jewelry is very pretty but I am so glad that my friends have stopped having these types of parties.