Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you ever been to a premier jewelry party

I have a friend/co-worker that sells it.  I've never gone to an actual party but I've bought a few pieces from a book-only party.  The items I bought are some of my favorites and I tend to wear them all the time.  My friend brought in a case of some of her discontinued pieces and I purchased some of those too!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Yes, way overpriced and the hosts are very insistent, even if they are friends or relatives.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I went to one about 12 years or so ago. The jewelry is very pretty and most of the good items were around $ 35.00 - $ 60.00 if I remember correctly. I puchased about two pretty rings.

When the hostess offered refreshments at the end of the party, after purchases were bagged and placed with our belongings, her neighbors (two girls in their very late teens or early twenties) came over to "browse" and politely stole most everyone's purchases. Of course, we didn't know at the time that they did it as family also went in and out. By law, we couldn't "fingerprint" the thieves, and I think they got off 

with no charges, although everyone assumed they did it. Someone from the neighborhood recognized a couple of rings from the party on their hands at a later date.

Don't mention these parties to me, I still have a bad taste in my mouth about it!

BTW, I haven't done home parties since then....

Honored Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

My youngest daughter hosted a party ... yes, the jewelry is expensive, but it is lovely jewelry and I believe it has a lifetime guarantee ... I no longer wear much jewelry but felt I should buy something ... I bought a sterling silver wide band ring which cost me about $50 ...

For hosting the party, my daughter made out like a bandit ... she received a percentage of the total sales towards her own purchase, was given 50% off of her own purchases, and several gifts for hosting the party ...

What surprised me was there were over a dozen people there, and all of them spent well over $100 each, except me ... they all loved it ...

Maybe its just me but I certainly don't think $50 is a lot for a sterling ring!!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind going to ONE party...but the pressure to book one usually makes someone I know schedule one. Then it makes me uncomfortable if I don't go to THAT one and buy something.

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I don't mind going to ONE party...but the pressure to book one usually makes someone I know schedule one. Then it makes me uncomfortable if I don't go to THAT one and buy something.

That's what I hate about home parties, plus feeling like I have to persuade people I know to come. Then I, too, feel like I have to go to theirs and spend money. It never ends.

Ohhh....the never-ending Tupperware parties from days of old.....sheesh !!!  Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

Yes,many years ago i went to a friends party.I bought a necklace and bracelet.

I haven't been been to any home parties lately for anything..maybe its a thing of the past now in my area.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

Some of the most favorite earrings I own I bought through Premier. They are large oval hoops and I love them....bought them in several different finishes. Best part, after more then three years there is no pitting or change in color, etc. I had a similar pair that I bought at some department store and they got pitting marks in them. Premier jewelry seems to be very good quality. At the party I went to, they had some lovely pieces and the reps showed all kinds of ways to wear them (necklaces) that you might never have thought of. I enjoyed the party....and I am NOT a party person. But, I am a jewelry nut. Ha!    

Esteemed Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Yes, I went to one about 12 years or so ago. The jewelry is very pretty and most of the good items were around $ 35.00 - $ 60.00 if I remember correctly. I puchased about two pretty rings.

When the hostess offered refreshments at the end of the party, after purchases were bagged and placed with our belongings, her neighbors (two girls in their very late teens or early twenties) came over to "browse" and politely stole most everyone's purchases. Of course, we didn't know at the time that they did it as family also went in and out. By law, we couldn't "fingerprint" the thieves, and I think they got off 

with no charges, although everyone assumed they did it. Someone from the neighborhood recognized a couple of rings from the party on their hands at a later date.

Don't mention these parties to me, I still have a bad taste in my mouth about it!

BTW, I haven't done home parties since then....

Wow.  That's surprising.  Usually at home parties orders are taken and nobody has their purchases that night.  It must have been a different kind of party, maybe buying from the company rep's stock?  Certainly not typical.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I like Premiere jewelry and think it is reasonably affordable, especially when compared to some other MLM jewelry lines. 

Why don't you go to their website and check out their products and prices?  I do that now before I go to these "parties" that I get invited to.  I was recently invited to an Arbonne event.  When I saw the prices on their website I realized that I could not afford to attend and declined the invite.  I guess most people did, as I got a notice that the event was subsequently cancelled.