Honored Contributor

Re: Have you considered what it will be like if.....

Of course there will be a vaccine. It just might not come from our country as we would have expected in the past. People all over the world are working on this and have a vested interest in containing this virus.

If we all wore masks in public here, we could reduce infection rates down to zero, as has been done in other countries. If too few people get and spread the virus, it dies out for lack of hosts.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

t will affect all of us! 

This has been considered and discussed a 100000xs on every platform. It's very unsettling & frightening. 

Listen to the experts- No one here knows anything about what's happening. We have to hope that the vaccine (likely in early 2021) will be efective! Until then, we need to ALL be sensible- WEAR MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCE! People need to stop whining and start listening. I am thankful that Bill Gates and others are working diligently to help this country! We don't have enough testing and we aren't tracing and tracking.....So, we are in deep trouble! 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mominohio 

No, not really. There is no point. I don’t have any eggs in that basket. 

I don’t expect a good vaccine any time soon, if ever, simply based on other vaccines. We will probably have the opportunity to try bad vaccines soon but I’m not interested in taking part in that particular experiment so I haven’t spent any time hoping for a vaccine.

We really just have to get through this. The worst is yet to come. I promise.

I have to agree about a vaccine...I'm not going to line up among the first to get one!  I'm also doubtful that one that actually works and is safe will be found anytime soon. 

Instead I'm trying not to worry too much (some days are better than others) and I'm trying to maintain a high Vitamin D level.  I have read that those with high Vit D don't tend to get very sick.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

t will affect all of us! 

This has been considered and discussed a 100000xs on every platform. It's very unsettling & frightening. 

Listen to the experts- No one here knows anything about what's happening. We have to hope that the vaccine (likely in early 2021) will be efective! Until then, we need to ALL be sensible- WEAR MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCE! People need to stop whining and start listening. I am thankful that Bill Gates and others are working diligently to help this country! We don't have enough testing and we aren't tracing and tracking.....So, we are in deep trouble! 

"WEAR MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCE"....

Seriously, do we need to be told this post after post?  Like we don't already know this?  That's what we're talking about in regard to these Covid threads--just the same old same old tired lectures. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

My family won't be getting this vaccine regardless of when it's rolled out, so there's nothing to consider imo.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

t will affect all of us! 

"WEAR MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCE"....

Seriously, do we need to be told this post after post?  Like we don't already know this?  That's what we're talking about in regard to these Covid threads--just the same old same old tired lectures. 

And the same old, tired complaints and lectures to stop from posters that don't want to hear anything more about covid but can't stay away from threads that are clearly about covid.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mominohio 

I don’t expect a good vaccine any time soon, if ever, simply based on other vaccines. We will probably have the opportunity to try bad vaccines soon but I’m not interested in taking part in that particular experiment so I haven’t spent any time hoping for a vaccine.

@willdob3 

I don't expect a good vaccine either. I'd love to be wrong about that, but I feel that at least initially, the vaccines they come up with won't be all that effective.  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mominohio 

@willdob3 

I don't expect a good vaccine either. I'd love to be wrong about that, but I feel that at least initially, the vaccines they come up with won't be all that effective.  

@Mominohio   And it took years for them to come up with the not very good vaccines they have for other things. I feel like anyone pinning their hopes on a good virus soon is likely to be disappointed. 

If a good vaccine is discovered, I’ll learn about it years down the road when they have solid proof. But I won’t be a participant in a drug experiment and that is exactly what this will be. I just don’t see them coming up with vaccine I’d be willing to try. It makes more sense to me to wear a mask, wash my hands, and practice social distancing. That way I don’t have to worry about the side effects of the next best worst big pharma vaccine that everyone “must” get... 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
No. IMO it's a waste of time and stress to speculate about that. There is enough to concern myself with that is really going on while a vaccine is being worked on.

I can understand some having this perspective. 

But life is going on.....without some important things and some important people. Windows are closing for many that will never open again.

Very old or compromised people's possible last days are being spent alone, without the connection of loved ones. It's devastating to the older person, and the family as well. In 'normal' times, even if the end was or could be near, we could at least be with each other, touch each other, hug each other. Even if people aren't actively in the immediate dying process, many are having to stay distanced from loved ones. Kids are being deprived of grandparents, older people loosing valuable time with their kids and grands, time that is very fleeting for some and time they can never get back. 

Babies are being born, and not being able to be embraced by the whole family. Special life events at all stages are being cancelled, most will never be able to be made up (think high school senior's events, first year of college is questionable for some, or at least the experience in the traditional sense, weddings that may happen but not including those they wished, etc.).

I don't feel it at all a waste of time to speculate about it. I hope that by bringing it to light, there might be some ways that people can come up with and share, about how to surf the wave, and not just be pounded by it.