Trusted Contributor

@Bianca wrote:

I work for a large corporation in NY and everyone uses Uber. They even use it in other cities and my boss used it in Europe as well. I see people getting in and out of these Uber cars all day. The cars are nice and they prefer Uber over yellow cabs...its easy than trying to flag down a cab in the city.

I agree... travel quite a bit and have used Uber in all major cities in US and abroad.  Excellent service and so much better than trying to hail a cab.  Reliable and efficient.

Sorry, but the negativity is just a bunch of propoganda.  Of course there were cases that may sound scary but they happen across the board and are just isolated incidents not indicative of all of Uber or their drivers..  Don't let them scare you away.

Respected Contributor

Yes and it's always been satisfactory.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I've used them and never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I'm about to use them Thursday. Have never used before. I hope they come promptly because mine is to take me to surgery 😬

@Moonchilde

I hope all goes well with your surgery.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I've used it. My DS and DH use it a lot and have accounts.  It's huge in Atlanta.  I will NOT allow my 16 year old DD to use it, though.  If she can't drive she has a mama who will pick her up Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My son has used it and had nothing but rave reviews! I wouldn't hesitate in using Uber, they just have to bring them up to my rural living area now tho! Woman Very Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

We don't have Uber or Lyft in my city yet, but the city council is working on making this service available. Not sure I would use it. On the very rare occasion I have to use a taxi, the first thing I do when I get inside the cab is ask the cabbie for his name and cab number so I can text my husband (don't have one) that I am on my way. In reality, I look at the cab number or license plate before I get in and text that to a gf. It may be overly cautious, but it makes me feel better.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I appreciate the responses.......I opened an account about a month ago when I heard it had come to my city.  I'm going on a vacation in a couple of weeks and wanted to use them to take me to the airport.  I live alone and do not have family......I would never ask a friend to get up to take me to the airport in time to catch a 6:00 a.m. plane.  I have left my car at the airport for my trips before, but I hate paying that horendous parking bill at the end of the trip.   Again, thanks everyone!!  hg

Honored Contributor
I've used them in DC. Never had a problem, it's so easy to order a car (or SUV or whatever you need), you know what the fare is going in, and IMO uber cars are far nicer than cabs.
Honored Contributor

Both of my kids use Uber all the time in Philly.   Sure you will hear bad things but bad things can happen anywhere at anytime.

I do worry about my kids but my son is 27 and daughter will soon be 30.  If they want to have a life and go out at night taking Uber is better than taking public transportation (bus or subway) then walking home.  Ideally it would be nice if they each had someone who is a trusted driver that they are close to drive them everywhere but it's just not always realistic.

I do understnd that taking something like Uber when you've never used it before can be a bit stressful in addition to having surgery.  I hope everything goes well for you.