Respected Contributor
Did you like it?? We're they pretty fast?
Honored Contributor

I'm about to use them Thursday. Have never used before. I hope they come promptly because mine is to take me to surgery 😬

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I personally haven't used them. But, I would caution anyone who does to make sure the driver is credentialed and insured. We've had problems here in Dallas with a driver who faked credentials and committed sexual assault,  and another who claimed to be an Uber driver but creeped out his passengers so much they requested to be let out immediately. Text or call someone to let them know where you are being picked up, what is your destination, etc.

I don't mean to create fear, just issue caution. I think the Uber concept is great!

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

I personally haven't used them. But, I would caution anyone who does to make sure the driver is credentialed and insured. We've had problems here in Dallas with a driver who faked credentials and committed sexual assault,  and another who claimed to be an Uber driver but creeped out his passengers so much they requested to be let out immediately. Text or call someone to let them know where you are being picked up, what is your destination, etc.

I don't mean to create fear, just issue caution. I think the Uber concept is great!

In my huge urban area, this kind of thing is all we hear - much Uber driver badness. But one of my employers' elderly parents use them ALL the time and he's all for it.  My first use will be in a very busy area in the middle of the day, so I don't feel too creeped.

Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Uber??

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@LonestarBabs wrote:

In my huge urban area, this kind of thing is all we hear - much Uber driver badness. But one of my employers' elderly parents use them ALL the time and he's all for it.  My first use will be in a very busy area in the middle of the day, so I don't feel too creeped.

If it were me I would have a friend or family member take me, not sure i would want to deal with the stress of something new like that on the day I have surgery.

I have never used them but recently a woman Uber driver was murdered in her car in a grocery store parking lot.

Honored Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@LonestarBabs wrote:

If it were me I would have a friend or family member take me, not sure i would want to deal with the stress of something new like that on the day I have surgery.

I have never used them but recently a woman Uber driver was murdered in her car in a grocery store parking lot.

Point being that often, people who use Uber do not HAVE a family member or friend to chauffeur them. I do not. Uber can also be used to call a taxi, but it's a toss-up who are more potentially dangerous, Uber drivers or taxi drivers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Uber??

[ Edited ]

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@LonestarBabs wrote:

I would NEVER get into a car with a driver (UBER or a taxi) I didn't know. Not wise.

Frequent Contributor

I work for a large corporation in NY and everyone uses Uber. They even use it in other cities and my boss used it in Europe as well. I see people getting in and out of these Uber cars all day. The cars are nice and they prefer Uber over yellow cabs...its easy than trying to flag down a cab in the city.

Contributor

I usd it while visiting Atlanta.  The car arrived within 5 minutes.  The driver was friendly and a good driver.  I would use it again

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have in NYC.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow