Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone noticed this?

@kitty76   That sounds pretty unethical to me to "bribe" people to give a good review.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

They have "Vine" reviewers but they disclose they got the product for free.  I don't discount them if I see they don't give across the board five stars and they seem even handed about the distribution of their ratings. 
Of course some negative reviews are for inconsequential things and some people give five stars and and say I haven't tried it yet but it looks great on both QVC and Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read negative reviews first looking for a pattern.  If buyers say the same thing, then I won't buy it.

I heard about some shenanigans going on at Amazon.  One was Amazon deleting bad reviews.  I don't know if it was Amazon or sellers or if they could do that, but something was going on.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

@BalletBabe  Amazon has been called on the carpet for letting vendors post fake reviews- by the hundreds! It was in the news not too long ago. Sorry, I don't have the link.

@furbabylover  Oh wow, that explains a lot.  I know when I have bought stuff they will give you a free item for a good post. I have to love it to give a good post.  That is interesting.  I Knew something was fishy.  Thanks

Huh?    I have NEVER gotten anything "FREE" from Amazon.....and I place about 2 orders a week with them (and yes, I do reviews).

@Desertdi   I have gotten several free things over the years but not from Amazon, from a vendor. You buy the item and then if you give a good review , you send them a copy of the review with your order number.   It is usually in the order when you receive it.  I got a free internet extender, free face mask, and recently a free door chime.  You must not be ordering the right things.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kitty76 wrote:

I ordered a foot cream and received a letter about 2 weeks later saying they would either give me another jar for free or a $10 Amazon gift card if I wrote 5 star review of the product.

@kitty76   Yes, I have gotten several free things but I do have to like the product to give them a good review.  It is kind of fun getting the free stuff.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@kitty76   That sounds pretty unethical to me to "bribe" people to give a good review.  

@CAcableGirl2   I agree, but as I said I won't do it if I don't like the item.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

@BalletBabe  Amazon has been called on the carpet for letting vendors post fake reviews- by the hundreds! It was in the news not too long ago. Sorry, I don't have the link.

@furbabylover  Oh wow, that explains a lot.  I know when I have bought stuff they will give you a free item for a good post. I have to love it to give a good post.  That is interesting.  I Knew something was fishy.  Thanks

Huh?    I have NEVER gotten anything "FREE" from Amazon.....and I place about 2 orders a week with them (and yes, I do reviews).

@Desertdi   I have gotten several free things over the years but not from Amazon, from a vendor. You buy the item and then if you give a good review , you send them a copy of the review with your order number.   It is usually in the order when you receive it.  I got a free internet extender, free face mask, and recently a free door chime.  You must not be ordering the right things.  

@BalletBabe     I guess not.   Look what I'm missing(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

i usually filter by most recent

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Amazon has more accurate reviews than QVC especially for electronics.  Seems like most reviewers of electronics on QVC have no clue how to work what they bought nor do they do any research on how to do so.  They just give it a bad review and send it back.  I see this time and time again especially with Tracfone products, pressure cookers, robot vacs, etc.

Super Contributor

Fakespot dot come is a website where you can enter a link and it has some special calculations that grades a link, A-F for honest reviews. There are companies that give items away for reviews so often they are not honest ones.