Esteemed Contributor

Has Anyone noticed this?

[ Edited ]

Most items are 5 star on Amazon but I can look at the same item on QVC and they have bad reviews.  It is confusing.   The TSV is like that.  Anyone have these camera's, and are you happy with them?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone noticed this?

@BalletBabe wrote:

Most items are 5 star on Amazon but I can look at the same item on QVC and they have bad reviews.  It is confusing.   The TSV is like that.  Anyone have thes camer's and are you happy with them?

What I find on Amazon are products with 4 and 5 stars, then I read the actual reviews and they are so negative. It's really hard to know what to believe.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

You can't judge by the overall stars. What I do is look at the one-star reviews first, then the three-star reviews, and then some of the five-star reviews to get a good feel about the product. Of course if the product has a huge number of reviews, I don't read every single one of them.

I'm speaking only of Amazon here as I don't shop at QVC but do a heck of a lot shopping on Amazon. I try to stick with Prime items because I know that I can return at no cost if necessary.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have found the reverse to be true. I always look at the customers' other ratings to see if they is a pattern of giving all positive or all negative reviews and disregard those. All positive to means they may be getting compensated in some way on Amazon. Always good to cull reviews from various sources if you're not sure about something which I see that you do!

Honored Contributor

i take ALL recommendations and ALL bad reviews with a grain of salt. most of the time if i really want to try something, i try it and make my own decision as to whether or not it works for me or not.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@BalletBabe  Amazon has been called on the carpet for letting vendors post fake reviews- by the hundreds! It was in the news not too long ago. Sorry, I don't have the link.

Esteemed Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@BalletBabe  Amazon has been called on the carpet for letting vendors post fake reviews- by the hundreds! It was in the news not too long ago. Sorry, I don't have the link.

@furbabylover  Oh wow, that explains a lot.  I know when I have bought stuff they will give you a free item for a good post. I have to love it to give a good post.  That is interesting.  I Knew something was fishy.  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Most items are 5 star on Amazon but I can look at the same item on QVC and they have bad reviews.  It is confusing.   The TSV is like that.  Anyone have thes camer's and are you happy with them?

What I find on Amazon are products with 4 and 5 stars, then I read the actual reviews and they are so negative. It's really hard to know what to believe.

@QVCkitty1   Good point and funny you said that as I noiced that the other day.   Very deceiving.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

@furbabylover  Oh wow, that explains a lot.  I know when I have bought stuff they will give you a free item for a good post. I have to love it to give a good post.  That is interesting.  I Knew something was fishy.  Thanks

Huh?    I have NEVER gotten anything "FREE" from Amazon.....and I place about 2 orders a week with them (and yes, I do reviews).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
New Contributor

I ordered a foot cream and received a letter about 2 weeks later saying they would either give me another jar for free or a $10 Amazon gift card if I wrote 5 star review of the product.