Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been In Contact With Homegirl?

BTW: I recall the nic Homegirl...not sure I ever posted with her. I think I saw another thread of posters worried about her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

This is a little off topic, but there was a woman (she's not "old") on youtube who had been doing videos on recipes, grocery hauls, store hauls, crafts, home decor, etc. for many years. About a year ago, she just stopped and that was it. So many of us had enjoyed her videos.

Did any of her subscribers comment in the comment section, asking where she was? It is puzzling that if they did she couldn't at least give a comment back. Have you tried googling her name? Maybe you will find something if you do that??

I don't want to give her name here, but I did check the comments and nothing was mentioned. Several people asked about her though.

I'll just keep checking every once in a while to see if she's back.

I was just asking for her Youtube channel name to see if I could find out any information NOT on youtube.

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The trouble with anonymity is that you make a friend you enjoy, then one day she disappears and you never know what happened to her.  A young man tried to post a msg about his ill mom a few days ago and the mods zapped it because he gave her full name, which we wouldn't have known anyway.  He probably didn't know the name she used here.   It's kind of sad. 

@Kachina624

That really is sad.  Too bad the mod didn't just omit the poster's name and explain the situation to her son in email.  They seem to have no leeway of their own.  

@Noel  I felt badly for him because he probably felt like he'd been smacked in the face.  They should have emailed him an explanation.  I hope they did. 

Oh no...was it poster with the nic betteb??

@croemer   He gave her full first and last names, not her nic which he probably doesn't even know.  Then he listed the name and address of the hospital.   Having her real names didn't help us know who he was talking about. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach

Encouraged me to start my first thread.  She was SO sweet!

I hope she is OK.

If you have contact, please tell her we miss her.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@croemer wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The trouble with anonymity is that you make a friend you enjoy, then one day she disappears and you never know what happened to her.  A young man tried to post a msg about his ill mom a few days ago and the mods zapped it because he gave her full name, which we wouldn't have known anyway.  He probably didn't know the name she used here.   It's kind of sad. 

@Kachina624

That really is sad.  Too bad the mod didn't just omit the poster's name and explain the situation to her son in email.  They seem to have no leeway of their own.  

@Noel  I felt badly for him because he probably felt like he'd been smacked in the face.  They should have emailed him an explanation.  I hope they did. 

Oh no...was it poster with the nic betteb??

@croemer   He gave her full first and last names, not her nic which he probably doesn't even know.  Then he listed the name and address of the hospital.   Having her real names didn't help us know who he was talking about. 

@Kachina624 TY it was betteb's son...he told me he would start a thread. I did't realize he would use her real name...poor guy. I came looking for it and didn't find the thread...thought maybe he hadn't had time yet.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@croemer Is BetteB okay?

Honored Contributor

I have been a fan of betteb for quite awhile.  I haven't seen her on Chat recently, though.

I hope she is healing and will be back soon, she is a lovely woman.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@croemer wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 TY it was betteb's son...he told me he would start a thread. I did't realize he would use her real name...poor guy. I came looking for it and didn't find the thread...thought maybe he hadn't had time yet.

Hi, @croemer.   (((hugs))).   Nice to see you.   I haven't read much in the past day or so but saw the updates on this thread and wanted to chime in.   I've asked about @betteb many times -- she used to post with us on @Marp's kitten cam thread and we all began to worry when her activity stopped on the forums.   

Please let us know how she is, or if her son tries again please let him know that the moderators have to be extremely careful about any personally identifying info here (including not allowing specific hospital location -- I've seen it deleted by the moderators on other threads)...   as @Noel7 said, it appears they don't have much leeway and they'll remove anything that's even slightly identifiable.   We could, however, have general comments for the user nickname and then, perhaps, someone can provide a copy to her?

If you're in touch with her, please give her my love.   She's in my prayers.   My love to you, @betteb.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

@croemer Is BetteB okay?

Hi I will ask her son what I can reveal. She is doing better but needs prayers.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I have been a fan of betteb for quite awhile.  I haven't seen her on Chat recently, though.

I hope she is healing and will be back soon, she is a lovely woman.

I will let her know when she is able many are thinking of her.