Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

From what I read in the LAT today, he is pointing to the culture of the times in earlier decades, making it sound like an excuse for his actions. I don't think that that will go very far.

got to say that is pretty weasel-ly. i am from that generation and i know plenty of people who comport themselves appropriately.  i am anxious to see if he is denounced by the worlds he influenced greatly: Hollywood and his friends in politics.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I started working full time in the 1970s and yes it was pretty free-wheeling back then.   But it was up to the woman to say NO.

Obviously someone was saying YES or he wouldn't be doing it.

And fortunately, I was never so in debt or entrenched in a job that I couldn't leave if I was being systematically disrespected in some form or fashion - sexually or otherwise.

@software, from what I understand, the accusations are from those who did NOT want the "attention" given to them by this man.

It's very easy to sit here and wonder why a woman might find herself in a very difficult situation. I bet many of us here know exactly what I'm saying.

When I was younger and working briefly part-time in a male-dominated place, I recall a customer telling my employer something about my body. My employer replied, "Yeah, that's why we keep her." Did I pipe up and object and demand more respect? No. Not until much later.

IT IS NOT UP TO THE WOMAN TO SAY NO. IT'S UP TO THE MAN TO PROVIDE, AT THE VERY LEAST, A COMFORTABLE AND RESPECTFUL WORKING ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES - AND TODAY, ALSO TO COMPLY WITH THE MUCH-NEEDED LAWS IN PLACE.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

From what I read in the LAT today, he is pointing to the culture of the times in earlier decades, making it sound like an excuse for his actions. I don't think that that will go very far.

got to say that is pretty weasel-ly. i am from that generation and i know plenty of people who comport themselves appropriately.  i am anxious to see if he is denounced by the worlds he influenced greatly: Hollywood and his friends in politics.  

@ms traditional, from the LAT today, it seems that this was pretty much an open secret. But it's too early to predict the reactions. Most friends and colleagues will likely wait to see how this shakes out in the courtroom, if it gets there. His enemies, however, might be a different story.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harvey Weinstein

[ Edited ]

How many years has Harvey Weinstein been doing BAD things??? 20, 30????? Guess he never realized it until women started coming forward. ShowBiz should be called SleazeBiz. Men also get abused. Children also get abused. This needs to stop!!!!

Honored Contributor

How come MEN are only sorry when they are caught?

Honored Contributor

This is nothing new in Hollywood or just about any high profile job where somebody wants something and is willing to put up with whatever to achieve their goal.  Harvey is a very rich and powerful man ,so this should surprise anyone? I just read somewhere where a college study was done on, do rich people lie more than the average person. Evidently according to this study they do.

Respected Contributor

HW is a pig and I'm glad his very bad behavior has come out in the open. Reprehensible.

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Heard Lisa Bloom (Gloria Alred's daughter) - Weinstein's attorney - defending him.  He may have behaved badly, but he's sorry so it's all good.

Hilarious.

@Isobel Archer

That's not true at all.  That is NOT the response.   I have never understood why people just make things up on this board.

It's not the total response.  He's saying it's a right wing conspiracy designed to bring him down.

Beyond all belief!

Esteemed Contributor

Worse than the things he's done is the fact that lots of people have known about it and didn't care to distance themselves.  Famous people.  Political people who in the recent past have held the highest position in this country.  As long as the money flows, turn a blind eye.

So not news.  And I'm not sure why it's even being reported.  Let the system handle it and don't bother the rest of us.

Keepin' it real.